Game 5—@Kent State Golden Flashes

MDZip

17 minutes ago, g-mann17 said:

That was a too close for comfort game, but that is what rivalries are about.  My kids learned some new words today thanks to our inability to tackle Rankin....

It is 7:34 and....

...Kent sucked just enough for us to pull out a win

The ending of this game was reminiscent of the Toledo-BYU game last night when Toledo scored what looked like the winnning TD with 1:11 left only to have BYU drive the length of the field to win. I thought of that when Kent took the lead with about a minute left, but I didn't think I'd see an ending like that two days in a row. It was one of the all-time Akron-Kent great endings. I think TB gets what this game means.

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

Jerome Lane better shape up, or put him on the bench.  

The color commentator on ESPN harped, on and on, about his lack of hustle on the play where the ball was intercepted in front of him.  I get it.  But once you looked at that play a couple of times, you realize that the interceptor was being chased out of bounds by other Zips defenders, way in front of Lane.  The way I saw it, there was nothing he could have done to change the play, but he could have attempted to do something nonetheless.  

Other than this play, was someone else detecting something that I wasn't seeing?  I do recall that the announcers mentioned that our receivers looked frustrated in the first half.  But, I don't recall seeing anything specifically.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

The color commentator on ESPN harped, on and on, about his lack of hustle on the play where the ball was intercepted in front of him.  I get it.  But once you looked at that play a couple of times, you realize that the interceptor was being chased out of bounds by other Zips defenders, way in front of Lane.  The way I saw it, there was nothing he could have done to change the play, but he could have attempted to do something nonetheless.  

Other than this play, was someone else detecting something that I wasn't seeing?  I do recall that the announcers mentioned that our receivers looked frustrated in the first half.  But, I don't recall seeing anything specifically.  

I'd just say his body language could have been a lot better.  He tends to pout. 

Edited by Blue & Gold

19 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Body language 1, but also on several plays he made no effort.  Yes, Chapman wasn't throwing a crips ball, but I was saw know effort from him on his targets to cath the ball or prevent the defenders from getting it.  That's excluding the play you're referring too, and the ESPN commentators.  I noticed it before they said anything and thought to myself "wtf are you doing Lane?".

14 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

I know we've all been down on chapman, but I love what he had to say in this video.  He owned up to having a bad 1st half, and showed up/shelled out in the second.  Way to go Chapman, proving all the naysayers wrong (including myself).