Which HS Player Do YOU think the Zips Should Recruit?

25 minutes ago, Akron1 said:
  • Danny Clark QB transferring from Kentucky
  • Ethan Wright RB/DB Manchester (2020)
  • Ben Christman, OL Revere (2021)
  • Luke Bauer LB/DE Hoban (2021)

OSU offer to having none. Settling for Kentucky to leaving as a redshirt freshman.. Life comes at you fast.

Danny Clark would be a cancer if added to the Zip football program. He is immature and gets bad guidance from his father. Although it would be fun to see who is the most obnoxious dad on the team, Clark's or Cato's :lol:. Danny is a hell of a football player, but he needs to go to someplace where he can learn humility and ego control. Art should not take that on in his first year as he seeks to set his own culture/values. 

• 2 weeks later...

Orrville sophomore Marquael Parks was recently named as the Ohio Player of the year regardless of division by MaxPreps:

"OHIO PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Marquael Parks, Orrville, RB, Soph. 
Amazing talent capped historic season individually and collectively with a Division V state title. Scored 56 total touchdowns and 336 points, which both rank second for single-seasons in state history. Only Harvest Prep's Daniel Bangura scored more (57 TDs and 348 points). Parks scored TDs rushing, receiving and via return (punt, kickoff, interception and fumble). He ran for 2,799 yards and had 474 yards receiving. "

5704f737-b90c-e911-80cb-ffcbfef4f97a_ori 

Parks was also named to the MaxPreps 2018 sophomore All American team:

and...

Thomas Worthington sophomore Sheron Phipps had the #1 national play of the year according to MaxPreps:

The new coaches should offer both Parks and Phipps.

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, 72 Roo said:

Danny Clark would be a cancer if added to the Zip football program. He is immature and gets bad guidance from his father. Although it would be fun to see who is the most obnoxious dad on the team, Clark's or Cato's :lol:. Danny is a hell of a football player, but he needs to go to someplace where he can learn humility and ego control. Art should not take that on in his first year as he seeks to set his own culture/values. 

From what I  understand, Danny's not the problem and is a decent kid.  Danny's biggest problem is a dad living through his kids that created unreasonable expectations and that he's just not on the level of a P5 talent.  He was a great high school freshman and sophomore and between the expectations for his growth as a player and the hype created by his dad (e.g. the nickname "The Prototype") schools moved too early on him.  He might do well at a MAC school.

There is a lot of truth in what you say. Danny's only hope is to get with a strong program and head coach who will mitigate Danny's father's disruptive influence. Unfortunately Danny has been allowed to develop an ego and that has not served him, nor the team he plays for, well. He has yet to learn that a strong dose of humility will actually make him a better QB and leader.

One thing would be cool, though, is to watch the clown show of Danny's dad and Cato's dad going at it as they helicopter over their kids. That might be worth the price of admission alone. Of course it might wreck the program but they have never cared about anything other than themselves and enhancing their egos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was announced today Feb 1st on the Malone university athletic website that they are discontinuing football immediately as part of a restructuring process designed to eliminate $2.5million structural deficit over the next two years. The decision will eliminate expenses of approximately $1million annually.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Class of 2021 Marquael Parks continued where he left off last season by rushing for 252 yards and scoring 4 TDs

as Orrville comes back to beat rival Wooster by a score of 39 - 27 on 8-30-2019 in Orrville

Parks also had 4 receptions and completed a pass on a fake punt for a first down

On this next play, Parks suffers a leg cramp about 30 yards in front of the goal line

and limps the rest of the way before diving in for the TD:

Here is a quote by Parks after the game  from a Daily Record article:

“This is Wooster week,” Parks said. “No matter how sore I am or no matter how much pain I’m in, I’m going to fight through it. This is a big game and I didn’t want to let my team down.” 

Here is the same play with a better view of his limping effort:

first down reception:

Parks final TD of the game:

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 12:12 PM, bigjim said:

Ian Kipp, sophomore quarterback from Mentor.  This kid is the real deal.  He can throw, he can run, and he commands the huddle.  He will probably go big time, but the Zips should offer now and be very persistent.  Mentor coaches have allegedly said that he is better than Mitchell Tribusky.  

After one high school game, I am still very high on Ian Kipp from Mentor.  One intangible that he has is that he is a winner.  This is upon all of his physical and mental tools.  I hope that Coach Arth is using his contacts to pursue this quarterback.  He is the real deal.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigjim said:

After one high school game, I am still very high on Ian Kipp from Mentor.  One intangible that he has is that he is a winner.  This is upon all of his physical and mental tools.  I hope that Coach Arth is using his contacts to pursue this quarterback.  He is the real deal.  

We are reportedly 1 of 3 schools to offer him to date.

https://247sports.com/player/ian-kipp-46076931/

12 hours ago, LZIp said:

We are reportedly 1 of 3 schools to offer him to date.

https://247sports.com/player/ian-kipp-46076931/

You are correct with the reportedly.  However, the big schools have been showing great interest.  Michigan and the Suckeyes to say the least.  I cannot reveal my sources, and I do not think the Zips can sign him, but these are the local players that Akron must pursue to the nth degree.  

class of 2021 Marquael Parks of Orrville had 4 TDs (3 rushing and 1 receiving) in the first half versus Akron North on 09-06-2019 in Orrville, Ohio

There was no need to play Parks or any of Orrville's other  first team players in the second half as Orrville rolled to a 54-7 win

Parks carried the ball only 5 times for 141 yards (an average of 28.2 yards/carry)

You can view all of his highlights versus Akron North here

His first rushing TD of 48 yards was on Orrville's first offensive play of the game from scrimmage (straight up the middle untouched)

His second rushing TD of 37 yards was on Orrville's second offensive play of the game from scrimmage (includes a quick spin move)

His third rushing TD covered 51 yards (features a series of 3 consecutive lateral juke moves)

His TD reception was a 38 yard catch and run (somehow breaks free from what looked like it was going to be a sure double tackle at the 34 yard line, then sprints away to the end zone) 

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

Cameron Shirkey, Sr.,  P/PK, Bloom-Carroll High School

Watched him kick a 48 yard field goal in week one of his senior high school season and is the best high school punter I have seen in quite a while.

Seems to fill a potential need for the Zips.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ham said:

I hope we don't spend any effort on Marquael.  We need to aim high, but lets be realistic.

He seems to be right on the upper fringe of what I'd call realistic (considering his rating). Only has offers to Cinci and Toledo at this point. We are the closest D1 school to him. Go for it!

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

class of 2021 Marquael Parks of Orrville scored 4 TDs in a 40 - 10 win over West Holmes at Millersburg, Ohio on 09/14/2019

A 2-yard pitch sweep:

a 7-yard reception:

a 99-yard return of the second half kickoff:    (the flag on the play was a sideline warning against Orrville, therefore, TD good)

a 39-yard reception on fourth down:

Not a TD, but a nice spin move on this 13-yard run:

Edited by zzx