Which HS Player Do YOU think the Zips Should Recruit?

1 hour ago, zzx said:

I don't know why they have not offered him yet. 

Here are Parks highlights vs West Homes 

(check out the catch he skies for starting at the 2:03 mark in the video)

I am assuming with Akron and other schools that it is more than just football skills to get an offer.  If there are off the field issues some schools may not want to mess with that.  I think there is no doubt he is a very talented football player.

21 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

I am assuming with Akron and other schools that it is more than just football skills to get an offer.  If there are off the field issues some schools may not want to mess with that.  I think there is no doubt he is a very talented football player.

What off the field issues?

At this point, the only positions I am concerned about is OL and DL. Until we can learn to run block and protect the QB, it doesn't matter who we have at RB and WR. On the DL we need to get  players that can put pressure on the opposing QB. That is all I care about for the next recruiting class or two. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

At this point, the only positions I am concerned about is OL and DL. Until we can learn to run block and protect the QB, it doesn't matter who we have at RB and WR. On the DL we need to get  players that can put pressure on the opposing QB. That is all I care about for the next recruiting class or two. 

I'd add DB to this as well. I think I read in the off season that we only have 8 DB on scholarship. That's not a lot considering you have 4-5 DBs on the field every defensive snap. Not to mention good cover corners give the d-line a little extra time to get pressure on the QB.

• Like 1

class of 2021 Marquael Parks of Orrville had 202 yards rushing which included 4 TD runs in Orrville's 46-14 win over Navarre Fairless at Orrville on 09/20/2019

Parks YTD TD count = 16 in four games

Parks also had nice plays on defense from his free safety position which included an interception and 2 blitz sacks 

Parks highlights vs Fairless

On 9/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, blueandgold said:

Parks does not need much blocking 

5 minutes ago, zzx said:

class of 2021 Marquael Parks of Orrville had 202 yards rushing which included 4 TD runs in Orrville's 46-14 win over Navarre Fairless at Orrville on 09/20/2019

Parks YTD TD count = 16 in four games

Parks also had nice plays on defense from his free safety position which included an interception and 2 blitz sacks 

Parks highlights vs Fairless

Parks does not need much blocking 

He is listed at 5’7” 150, he looks like a great athlete but we got Brandon Lee already,  we need some D1 size & speed

not saying i wouldn’t like him but we need to concentrate on getting bigger & faster

5 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

He is listed at 5’7” 150, he looks like a great athlete but we got Brandon Lee already,  we need some D1 size & speed

not saying i wouldn’t like him but we need to concentrate on getting bigger & faster

That was Parks height and weight when he was a freshman. He is now a junior and is listed at 5-9 160

He is a projected D1 athlete and  4-star recruit according to rivals (8th best in Ohio in his 2021 class), 

also ranked tenth best recruit in Ohio for 2021 on 247

No question he has D1 speed

Parks has incredible vision and moves similar to JOJO Natson

Not projected at RB but as a slot receiver , CB, KR, PR (has elite skills at all of these positions)

Dominated in games as a sophomore last year against such D1 talent such as:

Lexington's Cade Stover (last year's Mr. Football) currently a FR LB at Ohio State

CVCA's Tre Tucker (last years state champ in 100m in div2) currently a FR at Cincinnati

Manchester's Ethan Wright (currently committed to Duke) in last year's playoff game

Edited by zzx

If Akron landed Marquael Parks, he would be the highest rated recruit in Zips football history based on 247 numbers

Plus Parks has a large following of fans  in Wayne County and beyond

Orrville is only about 27 miles from Akron

Edited by zzx

16 hours ago, zzx said:

If Akron landed Marquael Parks, he would be the highest rated recruit in Zips football history based on 247 numbers

Plus Parks has a large following of fans  in Wayne County and beyond

Orrville is only about 27 miles from Akron

It will be interesting to see what happens. IDK if Tosu would take him as a KR/PR but some other B10 schools probably would. I could also see him in the AAC. We would be lucky to get him.

class of 2021 Marquael Parks of Orrville had 190 yards  rushing on 19 carries and 4 catches for 100 yards receiving and scored 6 TDs in Orrville's 47-43 instant classic, shoot-out win over previously unbeaten Northwest at Canal Fulton on 09/27/2019

Parks had a 69 yard catch for a TD:

Parks displays some nice moves on this reception for a gain of 21 yards:

Parks also had TD runs of 54, 29, 20, 10 and 5 yards:

Parks HUDL highlights vs Northwest (warning: hand-held shakiness)

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

Quincy williams jr from Orrville is a kid that not only needs to be recruited by Akron U but would florish there he is 6'2.5 (still growing)Qb/FS/CB and plays WR he runs 10.9 100 meter and is an all out field flipper ..... he easily can throw the 60 yard passes with accuracy and make every throw needed also on defense he had 6 int's with 3 pick 6's he would have 9 interceptions with 1 pick 6 but penalties had them called back. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zipperclassof21 said:

Quincy williams jr from Orrville is a kid that not only needs to be recruited by Akron U

When you start referring to The University of Akron rather than "Akron U", we'll take Mr. Williams Jr. seriously....

Edited by ZipsVoice

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, Blue & Gold said:

think the previous staff had extended Keyes an offer.  Idk if that stands w/ the present staff.  

Doesn't seem to be an official offer out there, but his tweets pop up on my timeline all the time with members of the current staff liking his tweets. That would indicate to me that we are recruiting him and its likely something is coming soon. However, we also have Bulley and possibly Childs committed as a RB already right now.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:44 PM, zippypitt said:

Not official, but hearing rumblings about 2021 Brecksville QB Joe Labas.  I saw on his Twitter that he received a BG offer.  Local coach I know shared that he is "the real deal."

Labas has three offers according to this Tweet: UA, BG, and Toledo.

Unfortunately, it looks like the big schools are circling.

https://twitter.com/BillBankGreene/status/1182331663428268034?s=20

Edited by zippypitt
Link

• 2 weeks later...

Its playoff time and Marquael Parks steps it up  ---- 5 TDs in Orrville's 34 - 13 win over Elyria Catholic

TD runs of 65, 57, 48, 5 and 2 yards

Parks also was outstanding on defense with 2 INTs and at least 1 sack and 5 TFL

In my opinion, A player like Parks with his incredible football knowledge, instinct and skill can turn a

program in the dumps around quickly --- not only with his ability--- but he causes his teammates to

up their game as well

Here is the Orrville Hype Video for the Elyria Catholic game,

which is edited with highlights of last weeks win over Triway

including Parks 90 yard kickoff return for a TD

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, zzx said:

Its playoff time and Marquael Parks steps it up  ---- 5 TDs in Orrville's 34 - 13 win over Elyria Catholic

TD runs of 65, 57, 48, 5 and 2 yards

Parks also was outstanding on defense with 2 INTs and at least 1 sack and 5 TFL

In my opinion, A player like Parks with his incredible football knowledge, instinct and skill can turn a

program in the dumps around quickly --- not only with his ability--- but he causes his teammates to

up their game as well

Here is the Orrville Hype Video for the Elyria Catholic game,

which is edited with highlights of last weeks win over Triway

including Parks 90 yard kickoff return for a TD

He will be a great D2 player.

• Thanks 1