Which HS Player Do YOU think the Zips Should Recruit?

Was really impressed with WR Nick Kilbride of Perrysburg High School this weekend. He clearly stood out as a very talented receiver with great hands and at 6’3” and 185 pounds he seems to fit the D1 profile for size.. I was told he has MAC schools showing interest. This may very well be a guy that the Zips would benefit from going after if they are not already.

• Like 1

Class of 2021 Marquael Parks only scored 5 TD's in Orrville's  49 - 27 regional semifinal playoff win over Marion Pleasant at Mansfleild Arlin Field on 11/16/2019

Parks had  238 yards on 20 rushing attempts and scored on runs of 75, 32, 15, and 14 yards

Parks also had fumble recovery return for a TD of 32 yards

Daily Record article: Big-play Red Riders power past Pleasant to continue state-title defense

"In three years — with multiple games left in 2019 if everything goes right — he’s found the end zone 117 times, good for fourth-place in state history unofficially, tied with Hoban’s Tyrell Sutton and Troy’s Ryan Brewer. The junior has plenty of time to scale his way to the top of the record books with a season left to play." - Alex Tichenor/ Staff Writer at The Daily Record

"Parks was borderline unstoppable for the second straight playoff game, rushing for 238 yards and four touchdowns, adding a physics-defying catch for 33 yards and scoring his first defensive touchdown of the year.

Parks now has 487 rushing yards and 10 total touchdowns through two playoff games." - Alex Tichenor/ Staff Writer at The Daily Record

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

So if we compiled a list of players mentioned in this thread as potential future recruits we like what would we have? Would someone close to the program be allowed to share our list with anyone in an official capacity? Just curious. I wonder how many, if any, are on the recruiting staff's radar already?

31 minutes ago, GJGood said:

So if we compiled a list of players mentioned in this thread as potential future recruits we like what would we have? Would someone close to the program be allowed to share our list with anyone in an official capacity? Just curious. I wonder how many, if any, are on the recruiting staff's radar already?

So are you suggesting that our"list" would be a better one than what theirs would be?  

1 hour ago, GJGood said:

This thread is fun as I love this sort of thing, but I'd be surprised if we have any players on the list the coaching staff isn't already aware of and in contact with.  Whether or not the staff will make them an official offer is another topic.  

The All-NEO-Inland District football teams were just released, so we could probably add quite a few names from that list to this list.  The NEO-Inland D-1 Defensive POY was a kid from Medina I'd never heard of - DE Noah Nunn.  I'm sure the coaching staff knows all about Noah & has already had a few in-person conversations with him.  The NEO-Inland D-1 Offensive POY was RB Lameir Garrett from McKinley.  I had earlier added him to the list.  But there's no way the coaching staff doesn't know all about Lamier - I think he was 1st Team D-1 All-Ohio last year.  But we only have so many scholarships to offer & we have to make the best use of the limited number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay - a few of us on another thread have said we're going to be at InfoCision Friday for the Hoban-Massillon game, and I know a few friends who are going to Mentor vs. St. Ed's.  Are there any recruits or commits from these teams to UofA?  I mean for the 2020 class?

1 hour ago, ZipsVoice said:

Okay - a few of us on another thread have said we're going to be at InfoCision Friday for the Hoban-Massillon game, and I know a few friends who are going to Mentor vs. St. Ed's.  Are there any recruits or commits from these teams to UofA?  I mean for the 2020 class?

Not that I'm aware.  I wish there were a few from Hoban, but there aren't.  We wouldn't have stood much of a change in landing RB/S/LB Deamonte Trayanum or TE Caden Clark as they've had high-level P5 offers since their sophomore years.  But I would have loved to have kept LB Devin Hightower (Michigan State) home.  

Hoban is going to be loaded next season so maybe we can keep a handful of them home.  Like Melissa Jackson says, "Keep Akron in Akron."

Some of the Hoban juniors we're going to want to give serious looks next year:

LB Luke Bauer, 6-0, 232

LB Damon Ollison, 6-0, 215

CB Alvin Stallworth, 6-0, 190

DE Darryl Peterson, 6-3, 235

RB Victor Dawson, 6-0, 200

There might be others.  Idk

I believe the previous staff may have offered Massillon (former STVM) RB Terrance Keyes Jr.  But Idk if the offer still stands.

Like Trayanum and Clark from Hoban, we would have had no shot with Massillon junior WR Jaden Ballard who's already verballed to Ohio State & is probably the best hs WR I've ever seen.  So smooth.

But we're gonna want to offer Massillon's other big-play WR Andrew Wilson-Lamp (6-3).  He's another top shelf talent.

Massillon's QB, Aiden Longwell, is signed to play baseball at Kent State next year.

St. Ed's has an OL named Ronan Chambers committed to Akron.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Not that I'm aware.  I wish there were a few from Hoban, but there aren't.  We wouldn't have stood much of a change in landing RB/S/LB Deamonte Trayanum or TE Caden Clark as they've had high-level P5 offers since their sophomore years.  But I would have loved to have kept LB Devin Hightower (Michigan State) home.  

Hoban is going to be loaded next season so maybe we can keep a handful of them home.  Like Melissa Jackson says, "Keep Akron in Akron."

Some of the Hoban juniors we're going to want to give serious looks next year:

LB Luke Bauer, 6-0, 232

LB Damon Ollison, 6-0, 215

CB Alvin Stallworth, 6-0, 190

DE Darryl Peterson, 6-3, 235

RB Victor Dawson, 6-0, 200

There might be others.  Idk

I believe the previous staff may have offered Massillon (former STVM) RB Terrance Keyes Jr.  But Idk if the offer still stands.

Like Trayanum and Clark from Hoban, we would have had no shot with Massillon junior WR Jaden Ballard who's already verballed to Ohio State & is probably the best hs WR I've ever seen.  So smooth.

But we're gonna want to offer Massillon's other big-play WR Andrew Wilson-Lamp (6-3).  He's another top shelf talent.

Massillon's QB, Aiden Longwell, is signed to play baseball at Kent State next year.

St. Ed's has an OL named Ronan Chambers committed to Akron.

I hope we can keep this OL commit. There is some kind of disconnect going on with all the decommits we are getting. I know the obvious is 0-12 staring us in the face.

1 hour ago, ZachTheZip said:

Doubtful. The buzz on the high school football forums is that he was arrested recently.

...and case was dismissed yesterday.

22 hours ago, zzx said:

Unfortunately, by the end of next season, someone on a larger scale than Akron will have him in their commitments.  His size will keep him from a top P5, but I could see him at a Cinci level program.

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

...and case was dismissed yesterday.

Dismissed because he's under 18, and so the issue is under the jurisdiction of Juvenile Court, not Criminal Court. So the case is not resolved just yet. Problem is that juvenile cases are not available to be viewed by the public, so if they re-filed it there you wouldn't know unless he gets sentenced to jail or something.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I don't see him playing at a FBS level.

Edited by ZachTheZip

5 hours ago, LZIp said:

I thought Andrew Wilson-Lamp looked much better than OSU commit Jayden Ballard last night.

Especially in crunch-time, he kept coming up great.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

I dont think Ballard had a single reception last night?

I believe you are right, never heard his name called at all....

class of 2021 Marquael Parks played his last game of his junior season Saturday 11/23/2019

as Orrville lost the regional final to Oak Harbor 35-28

Although Orrville lost, Parks had a pretty good game:

-scored all 4 TDs for Orrville (on runs of 75, 65 ,2, and 1 yards) -  261 total offensive yards

-had some nice plays on defense

Parks' highlights vs Oak Harbor

The following is a quote from Oak Harbor senior QB Jac Alexander - from the Wooster Daily Record: 

“He’s unbelievable,” Alexander said. “That kid is a once-in-a-lifetime player. You don’t see that very often.

I heard that he was going to break the (Ohio career touchdown record) and you know what, he deserves it.”

According to Alex Tichenor of the Daily Record, "Parks played through an injured shoulder and ankle

Saturday and still almost willed his team to victory, making several tackles for loss defensively as well."