Which HS Player Do YOU think the Zips Should Recruit?

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, bigjim said:

You are correct with the reportedly.  However, the big schools have been showing great interest.  Michigan and the Suckeyes to say the least.  I cannot reveal my sources, and I do not think the Zips can sign him, but these are the local players that Akron must pursue to the nth degree.  

The Division 1 offensive player of the year.  First team all state.  Akron has been very aggressive in pursuing Kipp.  Arth and coaches have been recruiting him really hard this year.  I have heard they have been to Mentor at least 3 times in 2020.  Sounds like Coach and staff are non-stop recruiters looking to make the Zips better.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

I fear with what I just read coming from President Miller,recruiting at UofA will come to a screeching halt until all the details shake out.

Or the details are already known, just not made public. I hope President Miller knows better than to make a blanket statement like that and realizes the negative effect it can have on programs by not being transparent, leading us into further spiral.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, LZIp said:

Watching Hoban vs St Eds. Luke Bauer had a really nice pick 6. Hasn't really done much outside of that. Jaylen Castleberry (CB St Eds) vs Rutgers commit Brayden Fox has been a good match up so far. Castleberry has an Int.

Good job Luke Bauer.  The Zips need some good LB's

On 2/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, bigjim said:

The Division 1 offensive player of the year.  First team all state.  Akron has been very aggressive in pursuing Kipp.  Arth and coaches have been recruiting him really hard this year.  I have heard they have been to Mentor at least 3 times in 2020.  Sounds like Coach and staff are non-stop recruiters looking to make the Zips better.

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/high-school-sports/mentor-vs-euclid-football-kipp-comes-up-big-as-cardinals-top-panthers/article_54bc42b0-eeee-11ea-8156-0757186f72d7.html?ocid=uxbndlbing

Let's keep pursuing Ian Kipp.  The talent is unbelievable.   

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

Sad..

41 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

I saw this a while back.  I just hate these damn stories and they are way too common.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:03 AM, zippyfan34 said:

I am assuming with Akron and other schools that it is more than just football skills to get an offer.  If there are off the field issues some schools may not want to mess with that.  I think there is no doubt he is a very talented football player.

Rehashing my prior comments. . .

Keep an eye on Sam Williams-Dixon 6-0 180...

RB/WR-CB...

Freshman at small school Loudonville...

Class of 2024...

Underdogs no more: Loudonville rallies for win over Centerburg in second round of playoffs

"Freshman running back Sam Williams-Dixon ran for a game-high 236 yards on 27 carries, including TD runs of 15, 75 and 14 yards. Williams-Dixon has now gone over 200 yards on the ground in back-to-back games. "

Edited by zzx
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Shane doesn't have a D-1 arm. None the less, it ticks me off KSUcks beat us to the punch on this.  Offering a PWO is a no-brainer; kid is a winner (career 53-3) from the #1 high school football factory in the state... which happens to be less than 5 minutes from campus.  

Uh, oh.  I find myself getting aggravated with Coach Arth.  I don't want that!!!!!!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Shane doesn't have a D-1 arm. None the less, it ticks me off KSUcks beat us to the punch on this.  Offering a PWO is a no-brainer; kid is a winner (career 53-3) from the #1 high school football factory in the state... which happens to be less than 5 minutes from campus.  

Uh, oh.  I find myself getting aggravated with Coach Arth.  I don't want that!!!!!!  

Agreed, but he does have a D1 brain.  We've had plenty with neither.

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

This is a damn shame. Shane has the ability to read defenses quickly, call the right audible and lead 10 others. He processes what he sees quickly. Inevery game this season we have at least one delay of game because our QB couldn't act quick enough. I told agree Shane has a D-1 mind and the ability to lead. He has the intangibles to win. He finds a way to win. He should have been a Zip. As a PWO Kent got a steal. Kent continues to rise and we are still falling.

8 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

This is a damn shame. Shane has the ability to read defenses quickly, call the right audible and lead 10 others. He processes what he sees quickly. Inevery game this season we have at least one delay of game because our QB couldn't act quick enough. I told agree Shane has a D-1 mind and the ability to lead. He has the intangibles to win. He finds a way to win. He should have been a Zip. As a PWO Kent got a steal. Kent continues to rise and we are still falling.

Kent don’t have him, he didn’t commit, he is just announcing he got a PWO.  A good QB but the reason he hasn’t got a D1 offer is his height.

plus his home school is Austintown Fitch so he lives closer to Youngstown.

Edited by 94zipgrad