Which HS Player Do YOU think the Zips Should Recruit?

This year, in all 7 football divisions combined, zero Freshman made 1st or 3rd team All-Ohio, and only 2 Freshman made 2nd team All-Ohio. 

The 2 Freshman who made 2nd team All-Ohio are: 6-0 198 Jaylon Anderson from Perry in Division IV as a RB, and 5-8 155 Marquael Parks from Orrville in Division V as a DB.

I have only seen Marquael Parks play. He plays both offense and defense, and is good at both. The way he plays sort of reminds me of Jo Jo Natson. Keep an eye out for him as this kid has a ton energy and is explosive. 

Here are some of his highlights.

Sheron Phipps, another 2 way Freshman player for Orrville this year didn't get any All-Ohio recognition, however he is also very talented and fast.

Here are some of his highlights

Parks and Phipps scored almost all of Orrville's TDs this year.

Edited by zzx
  • Like 2

I am not sure who may be looking at him, and I am certainly not paid to evaluate talent, but I was impressed by Trey Psota of Bay High School in Bay Village. He never seemed to miss a tackle in the games I saw him play and he seemed to always be around the ball. In addition to his middle linebacker play he was also the workhouse running back for a team that went a few games deep in the playoffs.

Anybody have any thoughts on him?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 11:14 PM, zzx said:

I have only seen Marquael Parks play. He plays both offense and defense, and is good at both. The way he plays sort of reminds me of Jo Jo Natson. Keep an eye out for him as this kid has a ton energy and is explosive.

Some updates on Orrville sophomore Marquael Parks so far this season:

highlights from first 5 games of 2018 season

ORRVILLE 35, TUSLAW 0: Just like old times for Red Riders

Orrville 55 Nortwest 14

Parks, Orrville roll over Lexington

VIDEO: Orrville (Ohio) soph Marquael ducks and dodges his way to incredible 95-yard kick return TD

Another angle of the 95-yard KO return at the 4:00 mark of this video

A different KO return:

Orrville 74, Akron North 7: Parks, Red Riders roll to blowout win over Vikings

Edited by zzx
  • Like 3

On 12/7/2017 at 11:14 PM, zzx said:

Sheron Phipps, another 2 way Freshman player for Orrville this year didn't get any All-Ohio recognition, however he is also very talented and fast.

Update on sophomore Sheron Phipps:

Sheron Phipps transferred from Orrville to Division I Thomas Worthington High School for this season and is having an outstanding year at Slot WR and CB for the Cardinals.

Wow, just think if Orrville still had both Phipps and Parks this year. Anyway, I think the Zips should recruit both players.

Here are some of Phipps highlights so far this season:

VIDEO: Ohio sophomore spins way to 104-yard interception return for TD

Sheron Phipps 2018 Hudl Highlights

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, ZipsVoice said:

Okay Boys and Girls, going to be at the Akron East - Canfield playoff game Friday night at Ravenna.  Who should I pay attention to?

Zipsvoice, I forgot to reply to this post.  Sorry, man.  East QB Kyre Williams is a UA commit (as a DB/athlete) as is DT De'Arius Reese.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, zzx said:

Orrville's Marquael Parks decimates Tuslaw in playoff opener

Parks scores 5 TDs as Riders roll into Round 2

Orrville star Parks impressing everyone in his path

"I have not been on a field with somebody that explosive in my career," Gulling said

As long as we are talking about little guys with tremendous speed that are game changers, I saw one in the first week of the high school playoffs that really impressed as well. He is Savon Edwards Jr. of Columbus Eastmoor. Looking at his stats he will be one of the top statistical performers in the history of Eastmoor (Academy) High School in Columbus. He has even surpassed marks set by Archie Griffin when he went to the school. If the Zips were to look at a scat back/ athlete like Parks they should probably throw Edwards in that same mix as well.

www.dispatch.com/sports/20181011/eastmoors-savon-edwards-jr-runs-with-chip-on-his-shoulder

Also of note, his dad was also undersized and played in the MAC at EMU.

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Zipsvoice, I forgot to reply to this post.  Sorry, man.  East QB Kyre Williams is a UA commit (as a DB/athlete) as is DT De'Arius Reese.

Thanks B & G....Kyre really looked good from the beginning of the game.  He throws a nice ball and I liked his size and speed.  The Dragons killed themselves with penalties galore.  I thought when they went up 7-0 in the second half they would roll, but Canfield took control by running the wildcat with like a gazillion different backs in the QB slot....

Marquael Parks scores 4 TDs on runs of 16, 41, 51 and 66 yards in Orrville's 43-19 romp over Akron Manchester in regional title game

“Marquael does things that nobody else can do,” Orrville coach Doug Davault said. “He is as dynamic of a kid as I have ever seen. He controls the game."

Marquael Parks video highlights     --  watch Parks vs #7 on Manchester (Ethan Wright) who has an offer from Akron 

Daily Record video highlights

"Parks has an incredible 14 touchdowns in the three playoff wins, pushing his area record season total to 49. He has carried the ball 197 times for 2,379 yards for a 12.1 average (so far this season)." -  Aaron Dorkson, Wooster Daily Record

"With 294 points scored this season, Parks is tied for eighth in state history." - Aaron Dorkson, Wooster Daily Record

Edited by zzx

Ian Kipp, sophomore quarterback from Mentor.  This kid is the real deal.  He can throw, he can run, and he commands the huddle.  He will probably go big time, but the Zips should offer now and be very persistent.  Mentor coaches have allegedly said that he is better than Mitchell Tribusky.  

According to this 247 article Marquael Parks "is the most exciting player in the state" 

- I wonder why Akron hasn't offered him yet

According to the Daily Record, this season:

"Parks has officially carried the ball 213 times for 2,601 yards, for an average of 12.2 yards a carry. He has 23 receptions for 455 yards. Counting all runs on offense, defense and special teams, he has 3,691 all-purpose yards." 

On defense, "Parks has 83 tackles, including a team-high 16.5 TFL."

247 finally listed Parks a couple days ago.  When they get around to evaluating him,

I predict that they will give him at least a 4-star rating.

Edited by zzx

5 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

I hope so. Toledo & Cinci already have and Tosu is looking at him.

Ohio State checks in on 2021 Orrville star Marquael Parks

"Ohio State wide receivers coach Brian Hartline stopped into Orrville High School earlier this week."

"A running back at Orrville, Parks’ college future will almost certainly be as a slot receiver a la (Rondale) Moore and (Wandale) Robinson."

"He’ll need to get physically bigger but the talent and skill set he has is obvious."

Edited by zzx