Ulysees Gilbert [NFL Steelers]

zipsoutsider

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Looked like Spillane went down when I had it on in the background. Now might be his chance!

The Steelers traded for Avery Williamson back in November. I’m sure he will get the start now that Spillane will be out. Ulysees should be able to help in some situational downs where the Steelers defense has been struggling. Hope to see him return. 

The Steelers made several roster moves on Saturday, including activating linebacker Ulysees Gilbert III to the 53-man roster.

Gilbert, who played in two games this season, was placed on the Reserve/Injured List on Nov. 4 with a back injury. He returned to practice on Dec. 9 and the team had 21 days to activate him or he would have had to remain on the Reserve/Injured List all season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do tomorrow. No Bush, Williams or Spillane.. he should get some decent time

I hope to see him as well. For some reason, the Steelers have this fascination with Marcus Allen (converted safety), don't be surprised to see #27 at LB as well. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't get to see practices) but I have to think UG3, if healthy, has more potential in this defense at the LB position than Marcus? Both have only played LB in the dime, so I'm wondering if that won't be their base package tonight. Williamson has played against the Bills twice this season when he was with the Jets, so I expect he will see the most time. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen, I hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

I hope to see him as well. For some reason, the Steelers have this fascination with Marcus Allen (converted safety), don't be surprised to see #27 at LB as well. Maybe I'm wrong (I don't get to see practices) but I have to think UG3, if healthy, has more potential in this defense at the LB position than Marcus? Both have only played LB in the dime, so I'm wondering if that won't be their base package tonight. Williamson has played against the Bills twice this season when he was with the Jets, so I expect he will see the most time. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen, I hope I'm wrong. 

I agree. They might luck out with the Bills having some issues with the ground game this year. We'll see! Go UGIII

• 2 weeks later...

Per Steelers.com, The Steelers placed linebacker Ulysees Gilbert III on the Reserve/Injured List, making room on the Active/Inactive roster for linebacker Vince Williams, whose two-day COVID-19 roster exemption expired.

Gilbert III has played in four games in 2020 (Week 5 vs. Philadelphia, Week 7 at Tennessee, Week 14 at Buffalo and Week 15 at Cincinnati). He was previously placed on the Reserve/Injured List on Nov. 4 but returned on Dec. 12.

Per Steelers Depot dot com, UG3 has an ankle injury. 

• 7 months later...

Ulysees GIlbert III’s Back Is Feeling Good as He Gets 3rd Shot with Steelers

“My back’s feeling good,” Gilbert said after practice this week. “I have a routine every day that I continue to do to keep my back healthy and feeling good. So, I’m excited man. I’m thankful for the opportunity that is ahead of me and thankful for the opportunity to just be out here every day.”

2021_OTA_0601kr_0450-scaled.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
6 hours ago, LZIp said:

There's a chance Jojo Natson may get called up being that Jakeem Grant is out for the season for the Browns. Unsure how his ACL recovery is going though.

Jojo was back last year, but did nothing for the Browns.