President Matthew Wilson

21 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Yup I bet he will be out of Akron completely very soon 

3 hours ago, dre22era said:

Never liked his ass anyway 

Do us all a favor and leave "now"

3 Presidents in 4 years = Akron Browns 

Akron was on the brink of disaster when he took the job and we are still on a brink of disaster now. 

If you found out your girlfriend was trying to get with another man (UCF) and failed I assume you are taking her back then because you are so so so lucky to have her right?

EljtvKw.png

Step 1: blame your predecessor for any problems Step 2: get out before you're responsible for anything I was done with Akron President Matthew Wilson the moment he applied for the University of Central Florida (UCF) job. I know my Alma Mater's worth. We can find better. GOODBYE

Less than 2 years and you down in Florida saying this 

zwcmcg.png

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

I haven't been visiting the forum lately, but damn is this just about the best post in the thread. 

Folks I've said it a million times; it's a culture of resume building.  People take a job to put it on their resume in order to apply for something in the future.  Akron is a stepping stone, not a final destination.  They leave before they face the repercussions of their decisions/initiatives, and their not held accountable by anyone else because they are hired for what was on their resume as opposed to if what they did actually worked or not.

So you 2 plan on staying with your current employer for the rest of uour career? Even if another employment opportunity with greater pay and better working conditions is available?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

So you 2 plan on staying with your current employer for the rest of uour career? Even if another employment opportunity with greater pay and better working conditions is available?

Out of 18 UA Presidents he is now the 5th to have served 2 years or less.
I am quite sure the board would not hire or promote anyone President of their University if they knew he would not only serve for  just 17 months but also actively pursue the position at another University not even 1 year into his job especially after getting a 22% Raise this past October. 

So to answer your question yes I can understand if he was referenced or approached for the job but this dude voluntarily applied. 

1 minute ago, dre22era said:

Out of 18 UA Presidents he is now the 5th to have served 2 years or less.
I am quite sure the board would not hire or promote anyone President of their University if they knew he would not only serve for  just 17 months but also actively pursue the position at another University not even 1 year into his job especially after getting a 22% Raise this past October. 

So to answer your question yes I can understand if he was referenced or approached for the job but this dude voluntarily applied. 

Last thing the Beacon or the Board of Trustees wants is someone that is trying to better himself. Crazy talk.

Nevermind that 22% raise he got still makes his salary less than his 2 predecessors, who got housing and country club membership on taxpayers.

2 minutes ago, Joe Akron said:

Last thing the Beacon or the Board of Trustees wants is someone that is trying to better himself. Crazy talk.

Nevermind that 22% raise he got still makes his salary less than his 2 predecessors, who got housing and country club membership on taxpayers.

Who gives a crap. If money was an issue his goofy ass should of never accepted the job in the first place. 
Its a goddamn shame we  basically respected his ass more than he respected us
and Its like Students and Alums are perfectly fine with basically being labeled inferior to other universities. Yes go right ahead and use our University as a pawn for better opportunities
Like sports we are perfectly fine with being the side chick smh  

Comment on Ohio.com Nailed it 

"Look, Matty, here's how this is going to work. Since you pissed off just about everyone on this Board with your little unplanned winter trip to Disneyland, no one here is going to support your dog-and-pony shows with the kids anymore. We pretty much want to have a president who gives an honest crap about what's going on here. 

So, don't tell anyone, but all of us on the Board would like to fire your ass, but we can't because we have no idea how to draft employment agreements. But why don't you slip back to some subservient role, likely maybe a lowly teacher, and let us hire someone who can fix this mess you glossed over by handing out pamphlets and squeeze balls to incoming freshmen?"

So if someone wants to leave to better his or her family in higher ed, wouldn't it have looked much, much worse if he wasn't straight up with the Board anyway about an opportunity that came up that he felt he should apply for? 

I say this, because i did the same thing in my job in higher ed, 9 years ago. And there was no love lost, and i did my job at 110% until my last day. That's just how higher ed works. I

Dre, That chip on your shoulder must be awful heavy to carry around all the time. UA is never going to find a decent candidate for it"s presidency as long as the local newspaper and politicians continue with their attacks on whoever is in the position. Perhaps they should get their own houses in order before they continually bitch about the leadership at UA. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the multitudes of failed initiatives and multi-million $$$ boondoggles  they have left the tax payers with over the years.  

Edited by Hilltopper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, urbanpreppie05 said:

So if someone wants to leave to better his or her family in higher ed, wouldn't it have looked much, much worse if he wasn't straight up with the Board anyway about an opportunity that came up that he felt he should apply for? 

I say this, because i did the same thing in my job in higher ed, 9 years ago. And there was no love lost, and i did my job at 110% until my last day. That's just how higher ed works. I

Unless you are a President of a University which their primary role is to raise money from donors none of us can really relate to that position.  

2 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

Dre, That chip on your shoulder must be awful heavy to carry around all the time. UA is never going to find a decent candidate for it"s presidency as long as the local newspaper and politicians continue with their attacks on whoever is in the position. Perhaps they should get their own houses in order before they continually bitch about the leadership at UA. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the multitudes of failed initiatives and multi-million $$$ boondoggles  they have left the tax payers with over the years.  

Criticism comes with the job. Ask ANY University President. 

What you expect the media and everybody to Baby him? 

Some of you need to grow a pair and support the University you invested in instead of allowing your university to continue being a pawn and walked over 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Criticism comes with the job. Ask ANY University President. 

What you expect the media and everybody to Baby him? 

Some of you need to grow a pair and support the University you invested in instead of allowing your university to continue being a pawn and walked over 

Your agenda is crystal clear. 

Your ongoing diatribe on the basketball board,  as well as here, belies your supposed "support" that you claim.

Oh, nice touch quoting yourself from the Ohio.com site. 

The man improved the financial position of the University, attracted more students and increased donations.

But people like yourself, and the faculty who cry to the editorial board at the local rag when someone dares to tell them that we have to cut back until we can improve our position, can't handle that.

Keep right on claiming that you support the university. It's fake news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Akron said:

Your agenda is crystal clear. 

Your ongoing diatribe on the basketball board,  as well as here, belies your supposed "support" that you claim.

Oh, nice touch quoting yourself from the Ohio.com site. 

The man improved the financial position of the University, attracted more students and increased donations.

But people like yourself, and the faculty who cry to the editorial board at the local rag when someone dares to tell them that we have to cut back until we can improve our position, can't handle that.

1. I don't post on Ohio.com and I rarely visit that site since they established a paywall 

2. I donate annually to the University and I am a proud alum and care where the money goes. 

3. Is Akron better off compared to when he became President? NO and yall will soon find out once stones get un turned with him out the picture  

4. People like me give a goddamn about the University from top to bottom and are not sitting at home claiming to be all for UA while rocking Ohio State gear so you and anyone else who takes issue to my opinions can kiss my a$$ and take your sellout a$$ with Matthew when he leaves and be sure to leave room in the car for the AD too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dre22era said:

1. I don't post on Ohio.com and I rarely visit that site since they established a paywall 

2. I donate annually to the University and I am a proud alum and care where the money goes. 

3. Is Akron better off compared to when he became President? NO and yall will soon find out once stones get un turned with him out the picture  

4. People like me give a goddamn about the University from top to bottom and are not sitting at home claiming to be all for UA while rocking Ohio State gear so you and anyone else who takes issue to my opinions can kiss my a$$ and take your sellout a$$ with Matthew when he leaves and be sure to leave room in the car for the AD too. 

1. That's great.

2. Sure.

3. Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one.

4. See #3.

5. Maybe you should cut back on sugar and caffeine. Your heart will thank you.

3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'm pretty good at putting 2 and 2 together, especially when certain commenting styles on here and other places are so obviously similar, and I do not see Mr. Dre's name on this list. Must be a mistake. :ninja:

https://www.uakron.edu/development/honor-roll/index.dot?letter=B&donor_type=indiv

1. I work in IT for the Government. You will NEVER know my name 
2. Allowing your name to be on that list is optional

3. the fact you even took time to search for me is hilarious 

#YouTried

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

This is a joke right?  Like you make this comment in jest right?  Because I refuse to believe you're that overly simplistic.

3 hours ago, urbanpreppie05 said:

And again...what has wilson done wrong that people are like, "Oh he's leaving a mess for someone else to clean up?" 

What has he really done for people to go like "oh he wasn't that bad!?".  Has UA really changed that much for the better?  I mean c'mon man.

If thats the case then this website is a sewer too 

Amen brother, I'm regretting coming to look at this thread after staying away for awhile.  Some people are just flat out delusional.

3 hours ago, Joe Akron said:

I know this is nit-picky, and El Presidente likes to throw around "fake news" but please don't.  Fake News does not = someone's opinion.  Fake News is wholesale making up of something to present it as news for the purpose of deceiving people.  Nothing on this thread is "fake news".

He improved our financial situation by increasing donations? What?  Didn't we LOSE donations under the last University President?  So basically he regained the ones we lost right?  The guy isn't a savior...he's was a "better-than-the-last-guy" milk toast.  You coulda inserted anyone into that position and increased donations because he/she wasn't Scarborough.  You're criticizing Dre for having an agenda, when it's pretty clear you have one as well.

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Balsy said:

This is a joke right?  Like you make this comment in jest right?  Because I refuse to believe you're that overly simplistic.

What has he really done for people to go like "oh he wasn't that bad!?".  Has UA really changed that much for the better?  I mean c'mon man.

Amen brother, I'm regretting coming to look at this thread after staying away for awhile.  Some people are just flat out delusional.

I know this is nit-picky, and El Presidente likes to throw around "fake news" but please don't.  Fake News does not = someone's opinion.  Fake News is wholesale making up of something to present it as news for the purpose of deceiving people.  Nothing on this thread is "fake news".

He improved our financial situation by increasing donations? What?  Didn't we LOSE donations under the last University President?  So basically he regained the ones we lost right?  The guy isn't a savior...he's was a "better-than-the-last-guy" milk toast.  You coulda inserted anyone into that position and increased donations because he/she wasn't Scarborough.  You're criticizing Dre for having an agenda, when it's pretty clear you have one as well.

I wonder how the actual financial analysts were duped into improving the university's credit rating?

And, if having an "agenda" is defined as offering a rebuttal to an attacking opinion,  then guilty as charged.

And, please excuse my use of hyperbole to make a point. 

• Like 2