Sign in to follow this  
Blue & Gold

President Matthew Wilson

kreed5120    587
2 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

$70

Woah, high roller over here. Do you have a private donor helping you fund this purchase?

skip-zip    686

The University should keep the Olive Jar somewhere prominent in Buchtel Hall as a future reminder of how much money they wasted during his tenure.  On his house, his allowances, his salary, the salaries of all of his selected assistants, and that ill-fated marketing campaign.  

Blue & Gold    655
32 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

I saw that last night & should have posted it.  I am impressed.  He seems like such a good, likable guy.

He's doing a tremendous job undoing the damage of The Scar.

Dr Z    844

Full article by Dan Shingler found here

"...It would be difficult to find a city the size of Akron, with a population of just under 200,000, that has seen the departure of as many top leaders as the Rubber City has in recent years. But even with changes at the top of Akron's major corporations, government entities and university, observers say the town is far from rudderless. If anything, they say, Akron has found renewed energy and an influx of new and often younger leaders..."

"...Segedy is eager to listen to neighborhood residents and is a champion of bike paths, walkable streetscapes and other things that will improve urban life in Akron. Others credit Matthew Wilson with changing attitudes at his organization. "He's a great example of someone who is different with his approach. He's putting the students first and trying to drive changes through discussions with students about what they need," Mullen said. And Mullen himself represents a new generation of leaders. At 36, he's one of the youngest heads of a major United Way branch in the country..."

CC109496317.JPG

Dr Z    844

UA Freshman Enrollment Up

University of Akron President Matthew Wilson told trustees at Wednesday’s board meeting that preliminary numbers show new freshmen enrollment is up 10 percent over last year. The new freshman class is expected to total more than 3,700.

Also at Wednesday’s board meeting, Nathan Mortimer, UA vice president and chief financial officer, told trustees that thanks to a yearlong effort to hold down expenditures and through other measures, the university ended fiscal year 2017 with a $12 million surplus that went into reserves.

ZippyRulz    215

Good on Matt. Now use some of the surplus to improve faculty to keep the ball rolling.

LZIp    743

It really is nice to have a President like Mr. Wilson. Such a night and day difference compared to Scarb. Not that I'm defending him, but I don't really think Scarby ever had a chance though. Somebody had to be the scapegoat for the hole Proenza put us in.

Hilltopper    265

Don't feel sorry for Scarborough, he still has friends in high places. This photo is from Lebrons Cedar Point day this week. That's him standing right behind Jordan Sparks and Usher.

Screenshot_20170818-101544.png

Edited by Hilltopper

LZIp    743

^^ That is interesting! I recall hearing he was sticking around as a business professor (as ironic as it was). For some reason I didn't think that ended up happening though. I figured he would be back in Texas by now.

skip-zip    686

Great find, Hilltopper.  

So, I get it.  When LeBron used this platform to spew his latest election displeasure with the "so-called president" comment, maybe he was talking about Scarborough and not Trump??