Game 9—@Buffalo Bulls

ZachTheZip

Cranking it up already!  Can't wait!  Another huge game.

UB got smashed by NIU 44-7 today.  Hopefully they're beat up - because we sure are.

As a longtime Zips fan, I'm not used to having big game... after big game... after big game... after big game...

I LOVE it!  Thank you Coach Bowden!!!!  :rock:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Cranking it up already!  Can't wait!  Another huge game.

UB got smashed by NIU 44-7 today.  Hopefully they're beat up - because we sure are.

As a longtime Zips fan, I'm not used to having big game... after big game... after big game... after big game...

I LOVE it!  Thank you Coach Bowden!!!!  :rock:

+1

Akron vs. Buffalo Game Preview

The Bulls continue to struggle. They’ve lost nine of their last 10 games dating back to last season and are getting inconsistent play from quarterback Tyree Jackson. The redshirt freshman tossed four interceptions in last week’s loss to Northern Illinois and rushed for only five yards while attempting 41 passes because of an big early deficit.

Buffalo allowed 511 yards, with 312 of them coming on the ground. Akron might have some fun running the ball Thursday, as the Bulls have the nation’s second-worst rush defense allowing 289.1 yards on the ground per game.

If the Zips show up to play, several players could have career days this week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

That same publication likes to rank each FBS team from 1-128 each week. Buffalo is 123 and the Zips are 92nd (Ohio is 93 - seems fair :)). For other remaining opponents  -Toledo is 41 and last years MAC Champ, BGSU is ranked dead last. Wow.

This ranking is skewed big time towards the P5 schools. Realtimerpi is objective and has us at 59, which I think is representative of the season so far.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UAZipster0305 said:

This ranking is skewed big time towards the P5 schools. Realtimerpi is objective and has us at 59, which I think is representative of the season so far.

And interestingly they have Buffalo as the worst FBS school at 160 (behind a bunch of FCS schools). At least the Zips are rated ahead of every FCS school (including North Dakota State who is the highest FCS member). We better win this game.

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDZip said:

And interestingly they have Buffalo as the worst FBS school at 160 (behind a bunch of FCS schools). At least the Zips are rated ahead of every FCS school (including North Dakota State who is the highest FCS member). We better win this game.

I actually like the overlap between BCS and FCS. And it is objective and takes into consideration the strength of schedule. The campusinsiders is a joke; 2-5 Arizona is nearly 30 spots ahead of us. :rofl:

I have no idea who we've lost 4 in a row at Buffalo though.

17 minutes ago, UAZipster0305 said:

I have no idea how we've lost 4 in a row at Buffalo though.

I wouldn't confuse this year's squad with recent U@B teams that featured talent like Branden Oliver and Khalil Mack.  Lance Leipold definitely seems to be having some trouble with recruiting, but this downturn in talent is only a fairly recent turn of events.  Bulls fans are understandably concerned that they have Leipold signed until 2020.

With all that said, I would like to see the weather forecast improve for Thursday.  I'd like to not have the Zips huge passing advantage negated in any way.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, johnnyzip84 said:

I wouldn't confuse this year's squad with recent U@B teams that featured talent like Branden Oliver and Khalil Mack.  Lance Leipold definitely seems to be having some trouble with recruiting, but this downturn in talent is only a fairly recent turn of events.  Bulls fans are understandably concerned that they have Leipold signed until 2020.

With all that said, I would like to see the weather forecast improve for Thursday.  I'd like to not have the Zips huge passing advantage negated in any way.

Yes, through 2014, UB was a solid program.

RE: the weather, I think we could have a lot of yards on the ground, as well. We have had remarkably good weather this year, let's hope it continues.

If ever there was a case for cruel and unusual punishment this picture is it. I urge the mods to immediately launch an investigation as to why the Captain, a mod himself, would bring this photo to the board. He obviously is a sadist. Meanwhile I am now off to therapy. Hopefully photos of TB and Gorden Larsen can bring me back from the brink of despair. Oh the inhumanity of it all! :(:(:(

26 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

If ever there was a case for cruel and unusual punishment this picture is it. I urge the mods to immediately launch an investigation as to why the Captain, a mod himself, would bring this photo to the board. He obviously is a sadist. Meanwhile I am now off to therapy. Hopefully photos of TB and Gorden Larsen can bring me back from the brink of despair. Oh the inhumanity of it all! :(:(:(

Halloween is coming up....coincidence?

Zips ran the ball what,40 times against Testical Tech? Threw ,what 30 times. Just keep that ratio the rest of the season,like some of us said,they will win the games they need to win. If Bowden/Milwee don't know by now the passing game can be even better if the run is respected...well. Look, your RB was the division player of the week....!!!!! Woodson is still hurt. Give him a break!

18 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Zips ran the ball what,40 times against Testical Tech? Threw ,what 30 times. Just keep that ratio the rest of the season,like some of us said,they will win the games they need to win. If Bowden/Milwee don't know by now the passing game can be even better if the run is respected...well. Look, your RB was the division player of the week....!!!!! Woodson is still hurt. Give him a break!

The offense will take what the defense gives us. If they give us 1:1 coverage with Jerome Lane all night, I expect us to pass all night. If they throw extra coverage on our receivers, I expect us to run. I am not sure it really matters, as bad as the Buffalo defense is, though.