2017 Commit: SF Eric Parrish

There's probably more to the story (whichever you subscribe to) than Groce pushing him out/he not wanting to be here if he is going JUCO. He is good enough to land at a decent place. Has to be grades or something else off the court.

Complete speculation - some decent program said they were booked scholarship-wise for 2018-19, and told him they'd sign him for 2019-20 if he  played JUCO ball for a year.

Or - he had mediocre interest due to his limited body of work, and thought he could improve his 2019-20 stock by putting up some gaudy JUCO numbers.

Wherever he went he'd need to sit out a year, so I'm sure playing any level of basketball was more appealing than sitting on the end of a bench in street clothes watching the other guys have all the fun.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 10/17/2018 at 7:22 AM, ZIPS96 said:

Parrish heading to Nevada.  That’s a step or two up from us.

I have to say, I'm shocked!  What I saw of Parrish last season, he was a decent MAC level player, but not close to having the maturity athletically to compete at a top 10 school.  I guess my only explanation is this:  Musselman!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...