Unlike last season, there are only a few Zips in the MLS Playoffs this go around.

East

DC United - Chris Korb? (unsure of his status)

Montreal Impact - Evan Bush

West

Colorado Rapids - Dillon Serna out with injury (season ending, if I remember correctly)

Sporting KC - Saad Abdul-Salaam

I think that's it. Huge change from 2015 season that resulted in Timbers v Crew MLS Cup in Columbus

It is unbelievable to me that Portland did not win a game on the road all year.

After Saad's penalty kick last year that bounced off the cross bar many times (and helped Portland to advance), I will be rooting for sporting KC to do well this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

It is unbelievable to me that Portland did not win a game on the road all year.

After Saad's penalty kick last year that bounced off the cross bar many times (and helped Portland to advance), I will be rooting for sporting KC to do well this year.

I'd like to see Montreal Impact v Sporting KC MLS Cup. Let it go to PK's. Saad v Evan Bush for the Cup.

And the Impact advance to the conference semi-finals with a fairly easy 4-2 win over DC United at RFK, with Evan merely conceding two, late (and too late) goals near stoppage time.  The trio of Piatti, Mancosu and Oduro up front are meshing quite nicely without a certain unnamed player getting in the way.  Piatti's pass to set up Mancosu's 1st goal was tremendous.  It makes me wonder how Montreal's season would have gone had Joey Saputo simply allowed the unnamed player to go back to Chelsea and coach?

• Like 1

It might not be enough in the end, but Evan keeps a clean sheet in the 1st leg to give the Impact a chance against the Red Bulls.  He may have had the benefit of a "no call" early in the match with BWP bearing down on goal, but he made a couple of nice saves as well.

Mancosu's strike off of a pass from Donadel was pure quality.

Edited by johnnyzip84
  • Like 2