Dr Z

World Series Game 7  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Tonight I will be?

• Attending the Zips game
    • Watching the World Series
    • Doing both

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm a bigger Indians fan than I am Zips, Cavs, or Browns so choosing game 7 of the World Series over a regular season Zips game is a no brainer for me. Sorry Zips.

I'll be scoreboard watching from my phone at one of the downtown Cleveland bars.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Good luck with that.  After probably dozens of failures over the years to try to get Akron bars to turn on an Akron game on a NORMAL night, I'm putting the odds at 50 to 1

You must go to some poor customer service bars. I've gotten Zips games turned on at both large chain bars and dive bars. Occasionally I've had to ask more than once, but by being persistent I've never not gotten a Zips game on when I wanted it. I wouldn't be able to get the game on tonight, but it isn't a typical night.

15 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

You must go to some poor customer service bars. I've gotten Zips games turned on at both large chain bars and dive bars. Occasionally I've had to ask more than once, but by being persistent I've never not gotten a Zips game on when I wanted it. I wouldn't be able to get the game on tonight, but it isn't a typical night.

Good for you.  I've even been in bars with larger groups of people, and we've had to leave to try somewhere else.  Haven't had very good luck over the years, and I don't think we should have to beg to see Akron games getting aired in Akron bars.  

Please, give us a list here of those who are accommodating.  I'm not the only one who's had that problem.  It's gotten discussed on here plenty over the years.  

Being a Reds fan in baseball (who would I rather hear talking smack all off-season fans of the other Ohio team or the other NL Central team?...ugh) but an Akron alum it is an easy choice for me on which to watch. Unfortunately, though, I work until 6:30pm so actually making the trip to attend at Infocision doesn't work out. I will be tuned in on the tube though.

Edited by GJGood

1 minute ago, skip-zip said:

Good for you.  I've even been in bars with larger groups of people, and we've had to leave to try somewhere else.  Haven't had very good luck over the years, and I don't think we should have to beg to see Akron games getting aired in Akron bars.  

Please, give us a list here of those who are accommodating.  I'm not the only one who's had that problem.  It's gotten discussed on here plenty over the years.  

Yeah, that sounds like a poor business move if it leads to a group of people leaving. I've had success at pretty much every bar around campus, B-Dubs in Belden, Puckers in North Canton, Fox and Hound in Belden, and Firehouse Tallmadge Circle are the ones that come to mind. B-Dubs by the mall is kind of my go to. They have soooo many TVs that turning 1 TV to something different is like nothing.

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

See below "WATCH GAME 7 ON STADIUM TVS" 

By "Stadium TVs", I am assuming that these are the ones in the concourse.  If they go through with this, there will be roughly 150 people actually in the stands and focused on the game.  And to think, we were all laughing among each other last week sitting over at a friend's house watching the sparse crowd in Buffalo.  

It sucks for us because we can probably guarantee that we will never get this kind of weather again for a November ESPN game.  

Edited by skip-zip
edit.

3 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Yeah, that sounds like a poor business move if it leads to a group of people leaving. I've had success at pretty much every bar around campus, B-Dubs in Belden, Puckers in North Canton, Fox and Hound in Belden, and Firehouse Tallmadge Circle are the ones that come to mind. B-Dubs by the mall is kind of my go to. They have soooo many TVs that turning 1 TV to something different is like nothing.

Thanks Kreed.  Maybe I should also be more clear about what we're usually looking for over the years.  Pleading for someone to turn on a TV in a corner so that we can watch a Zips game in a bar crowded full of OSWho fans doesn't excite anyone in my group.  So, although there have been places where we popped in and can't find anyone willing to help us out, the real lack of any kind of Akron crowd or Akron atmosphere anywhere is what's really disappointing.  

That reminds me.  Has anyone been in the new Gridiron (Old BW3)?  The layout is the same, but the Blue and Gold paint makes me feel a little bit at home, and they've increased the amount of Zips paraphernalia around the place.  I read an article that actually said that this was their intention.  I appreciate that, and intend to give them a little more business, when I can.  

Edited by skip-zip
edit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

So, although there have been places where we popped in and can't find anyone willing to help us out, the real lack of any kind of Akron crowd or Akron atmosphere anywhere is what's really disappointing.  

Yeah, there have been times where I'm pretty certain that I was the only Zips fan at the bar. There have been times where it was me against the rest of the bar as was the case during Akron vs. OSU NIT game. The best experience that I had was at Puckers where I went in during my lunch break to watch a half of an Akron MAC tourney game. The bartender was pleasantly surprised the game was being aired as apparently her dad is a fan. Even though I just asked to have the TV turned on at 1 of the TVs above the bar, she turned it on on both large screen projectors as well. People were actually watching the game too which was a 1st.

Edited by kreed5120