Western Michigan

http://www.gozips.com/sports/msoc/2016-17/releases/20161104o11dzs

After the lightly attended 4 pm game, I hope that there is a big crowd on Saturday night.

If Bowling Green defeats Buffalo on Saturday night, this November 5 game is likely to be the last game that Adam Najem, Brad Ruhaak, and the other 3 seniors will likely ever play on cub Cadet field.

• Like 1

Also according to MAC website, the BGSU v Buffalo match is at BG. Another Zips fan told me it was at Buffalo, but I didn't verify. This is not good news.

Edited by Zip_ME87

Great seeing Ritchie Layrea and Anthony Ampaipitakwong among alumni in the crowd last night supporting the Zips. We are so fortunate.

Definitely will be rooting for Impact Montreal and GK Evan Bush v NYRB in MLS playoffs today. Also looking forward to seeing the USMNT roster announcement at 5:10 pm today for the matches this Friday in Columbus vs Mexico and the Nov 15th match in Costa Rica. #ZipsinthePros

Drew Shepherd, Goalkeeper, Western Michigan, MAC 2nd Team

Height

6-3

Weight

Class

Redshirt Junior

Hometown

Ann Arbor, Mich.

High School

Huron

2015: NCAA Division I statistical champion for goals-against average for the 2015 season, allowed just four goals in 1101:24 minutes played for a .329 GAA ...  also finished second among Division I keepers for save percentage (.879) ... first WMU goalkeeper to be named First Team All-Mid-American Conference ... was keeper of record for eight of WMU's school record 12 shutouts ... posted a 7-1-3 record ... MAC Player of the Week (11/2) ... made 29 saves, including three games with four saves.

2014: Appeared in eight games and made six starts ... had a 2-3-2 record with two shutouts ... logged 661:39 minutes ... made 19 saves and had a .679 save percentage ... had a 1.22 goals against average, allowing nine goals ... made first career appearance off the bench against Detroit (8/29) ... made first career start and played all 110:00 minutes in a 2-2 tie at IPFW, made three stops in the contest ... played full 90 minutes and made three saves in a 3-0 shutout against Northern Illinois (10/18) ... made two saves in a 1-0 shutout upset on the road at No. 19 Akron (10/25) ... made a season-high six saves in a 2-2 tie at Dayton (10/28).

2013: Redshirted.

High School: Four-year varsity player at Huron High School ... team went undefeated with a 20-0-2 record and compiled 14 shutouts in 2013, setting state record for most shutouts ... member of 2013 Dream Team and was a first team all-state selection ... played club for the Michigan Wolves for five seasons, and was a member of the 2013 National Premier League National Title team.

Personal: Majoring in aviation flight science, has a 3.96 GPA ... son of Andy and Amy Shepherd ... has one sibling, Austin ... born in Denver, Colo.

On 11/6/2016 at 2:25 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Shucks!  There's another game then if I recall correctly...Hope my American Outlaws Honolulu watering hole has wifi!

How is the weather in Ohio?  I saw a note that it was 26 degrees in C'bus.  Is that possible?  Brings to mind the first round NCAA game vs UW-Green Bay when we had freezing rain.  1979?  Coach Dowdy hired a helicopter to fly low over the field before the game to prevent freezing.  I hope the only thing cold around me this afternoon is my brew.

Edited by Z.I.P.
  • Like 1