Early Signing

Ham

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

I follow YSU baseball on twitter and they had a bio for each signee yesterday.. We don't even have an article on gozips.com, let alone twitter. Is our SID on vacation?

The women's basketball team just released an article on all of their signees with individual profiles of each on Twitter, so I am sure that the men are about to follow suit. I am not sure what led to this delay though.

I suppose you recruit to your needs, but TripleDoubleProspects.com has Ellet's A.J. Gareri & STVM's Javon Graves rated as the #4 & #5 players, respectively, in the state of Ohio.  Both from Akron, IMO, these are the player we'd want to keep home.

https://tripledoubleprospects.com/2017-player-rankings/

Gareri's a 6'8" PF & Graves is a 6'2" combo guard.  I know we offered Graves but I'm not sure how hard we really went after him.

I didn't hear any buzz about us pursuing A.J., even though I've seen him at a few Zips football games w/ some of his friends.  It seems like he would have been happy to stay home & playing for his hometown U.  He signed with Ohio & seems happy about it.  Good for him - he seems like a really nice kid.

By comparison, TDP has Jayden Sayles (also a PF) listed as the #11 player in the state.

I've never seen Sayles play.  But I will admit that A.J. is a little soft & doesn't like to mix it up down low.  He actually has a really nice 3-point stroke, but that often takes him away from the basket.  UA may have been looking for more of a banger @ PF instead of the proverbial "stretch" PF.

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Bet there were some hard-hitting questions.

"Who's Big Doug? I don't see any 'Doug' on the roster?"

"How's Antonio looking?"

"Are you excited about Tree's final season?"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're on to something... there should be a thread titled "Things GT Would/Should Ask KD". That would be some good stuff.