2017 Diamond Head Classic

tpsjugglerdude

Per Jon Rothstein Akron will be participating in the 2017 Diamond Head Classic. Other teams participating- Miami, USC, Davidson, Middle Tennessee, Utah St, New Mexico St, and Hawaii.This is already a better step up than this year's tournaments. Tournament is usually the week of Christmas in Hawaii. Some good quality teams involved. 

Edited by tpsjugglerdude
  • Like 1

Wow!  The cyberwebs are really running fast today!  I just got this news right now myself -- and I'm in the host city.  The tournament, from top to bottom could be the toughest in tournament history -- though you can never be sure with teams like Davidson and NMSU, which are at least as inconsistent (in e.g., # of consecutive 21-win seasons) as we are.  We defeated USC like three years back, but they have improved dramatically since.  I think Keith's troops will really have their work cut out for them.  

Look forward to another throng of those same three rude Akron fans returning in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...