New Uniforms

Blue & Gold

I feel like the football team's uniforms get better every season, and the basketball team's get worse.

Our school colors are blue and gold. Not blue, silver and black. 

Why does the kangaroo head just randomly get cut off below the eyes?

The University seal is ugly.

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 3

I really like these uniforms, especially the home version. The white with just blue trim looks really sharp. I also like the small Z on the waistband. It is a nice like call to it, while not being overbearing and making all the "traditionalists" angry. The seal on the shorts is a strange choice though.

I like the script Akron a lot. I hate the roo head and seal on the shorts. Looks very tacky to me. We continue to get in our own way of building our brand. Ever since someone decided to do away with Fear the Roo because they weren't involved in coming up with it, our brand has swirled around in an endless pool of branding failures, spitting out new, unrelated ideas on a yearly basis.

I don't especially like the new uni's. First, we are blue and gold not white and grayish-blue. Second the university seal on the shorts cannot be recognized because it is too small. It looks like a blotch on the side. I would rather have had our Z in it's place. Can we please get back to a gold uni. I do like the Zippy head on the other side of the shorts. That's cool. It's unique. It's us. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

New uni's for 2018-19 B)

Beautiful.  Me like.  

Blue & GOLD in the color scheme.  

Beautiful script Akron on chest & right leg.  

Zippy Fear the Roo head at drawstring.  

Z (literally one of the coolest logos in all of sports) on left leg.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the uniforms overall, just never been a big fan of the script Akron. I'd rather that be bold print to represent the U. Also, not a fan of the white numbers on white jersey trend that seems to be taking place in the sports world but I am sure something else will be trendy before long. Still, having the school colors in the uni is a huge plus.