What is the Greatest Moment in Akron Men's Basketball History?

6 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Speaking of 07. Worst moment ever? Al. Fisher. The couple minutes leading up to that however were the loudest I've heard the JAR.

You're thinking of that huge last-minute comeback at home when Wood hit the 3-pointer to tie the game with seconds left, and then Fisher ran down and launched the running 3 from the corner and nailed it to win it for Kent.  That was March of 08.  

You're right.  That was crazy.  It could have been one of the greatest moments ever in the JAR, and thankfully was soon forgotten.  

I will tell you this.  That's the ONLY game I can ever remember at the JAR when I put on my coat to exit the building, and then took it off again.  My wife has never let me forget that I gave up on any possibility that we could come back in that game.  

http://www.gozips.com/sports/mbkb/2007-08/releases/1408965_1

Edited by skip-zip

2 hours ago, skip-zip said:

You're thinking of that huge last-minute comeback at home when Wood hit the 3-pointer to tie the game with seconds left, and then Fisher ran down and launched the running 3 from the corner and nailed it to win it for Kent.  That was March of 08.  

You're right.  That was crazy.  It could have been one of the greatest moments ever in the JAR, and thankfully was soon forgotten.  

I will tell you this.  That's the ONLY game I can ever remember at the JAR when I put on my coat to exit the building, and then took it off again.  My wife has never let me forget that I gave up on any possibility that we could come back in that game.  

http://www.gozips.com/sports/mbkb/2007-08/releases/1408965_1

I also remember that game because it was the loudest game I can remember at the Jar in the last minute when Kent almost gave us the game.  The place was electric until the last shot and the Jar went silent.  An amazing comeback and an amazing shot by Kent to win it. 

3 hours ago, doccomet87 said:

NO offense, but worst moment ever is unquestionably Doug Penno...

I will double down on that moment when watching the NIT selection show when they showed the Penno basket in the beginning of the show and then had some senile coaches select the NIT and leave out Akron even though we won something like 26 games.