Zips vs. Coppin State- 12/7/16

clarkwgriswold

My favorite George quote from the article- "UA’s opening loss to Youngstown State should serve as a cautionary tale for a team that has a tendency to play to the level of its competition."  I wonder if Radford and Adrian agree.

Dear George- just give me the facts on what happened in the game, etc., and spare me the "insights" and opinions.

• Like 3

So glad I'm just watching this exhilarating game from my couch - even if the feed does suck.

Josh Williams looks completely uncomfortable even thinking about driving to the hoop.

Aaron Jackson is capable of hitting a 3 when he doesn't fade away.

Ivey continues to impress me.

Glad Utomi's getting PT.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:33 AM, kreed5120 said:

I've seen it on social media. They are giving away 1000 shirts. They are doing the toilet paper toss. Also, teddy bear toss at half-time.

15220000_1103143436470488_78535555251967

Edit: Hopefully I end up with a white shirt as I don't own any white Zips apparel.

I wonder what they did with the other 500 t-shirts.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:33 AM, kreed5120 said:

I've seen it on social media. They are giving away 1000 shirts. They are doing the toilet paper toss. Also, teddy bear toss at half-time.

15220000_1103143436470488_78535555251967

Edit: Hopefully I end up with a white shirt as I don't own any white Zips apparel.

18 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I was waiting for someone else to comment on this.  My guess was actually that they threw out closer to 200 shirts.  Heck, there wasn't even 1,000 people in the Arena when they threw them out, and most people didn't get one.  

• Like 1

Good and bad tonight.  Way too many turnovers.  Ivey is so much more under control this year and it is really showing on the floor.  Keith was really on Dunn-Martin in the first half, but the kid bounced back which is promising.  Poke continues to play hard and impressively, especially on defense. 

The refs were out of control with the whistles and both teams were in the bonus very early.

Interesting note- Coppin State hasn't won an out of conference road game since December of 2013!

Who knows what the plan was with the t-shirts.  I've been a season ticket holder for 5 or 6 seasons and have 2 shirts, one of which I picked up last week.  The only time I saw them tonight was when the president and some kids were walking around and giving them to people.  

7 minutes ago, AyYo said:

They were passing them out at the student entrance.

I wonder how many of those people actually stayed.

As Clark said above, he has two shirts in the 5 years that he's been a season ticket holder.

Big mistake announcing to people that they would be throwing out 1,000 shirts to those in the stands 15 min. before gametime, and everyone noticed that there wasn't even close to this amount.  

I thought this was a fun game to watch as the Zips actually had some fast break points, some nice interior passing, a few nice drives to the basket, a few dunks and streak shooting by Josh to start the game and Big Dog to end the game.  Big Dog made a nice 12 footer and gave some thought to shooting a 3 before putting the ball down and driving to the hoop.  Jimond continues to impress by making easy baskets and E had some great blocks.  He is a leaper and gets off his feet fast to swat the ball.  He could be a rim protector like Zeke if he continues to improve.

I know this will not happen but I actually like the starting lineup tonight and would bring Noah off the bench to replace Antino.  Antino has the ability to drive and create his own shot where Noah is more of a field general who cannot create his own shot.  I would rather see Antino at the point than at the 2.  It will be interesting to see if Jimond continues to come off the bench after Noah returns or if he will replace Josh in the starting lineup.    Blue and Gold commented that Josh looks uncomfortable driving to the basket.  Noah also does not have a strong move to the basket.   We need players who can finish at the basket.  My guess is that KD will keep the 3 guard lineup and bring Jimond in very quickly if we have a slow start.