Zips @ #8 Gonzaga 12/10/16

kreed5120

The Zips head into a match-up vs. 9-0 Gonzaga. They are coming in fresh off a beat down of in state rival Washington and already have wins over Florida, Iowa State, and Arizona on this young season. Just staying in the game will be a tough task for the Zips. They need a near flawless game to spring the upset.

13 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Zags by 25. Will it be televised?

The team will travel early Thursday for the Saturday evening game, which will be available on AT&T regional sports network Root–Northwest. On DirecTV, it may be available by adding their sports package for $8 per month.

It is being broadcasted on a regional sports channel in the PNW. It doesn't sound like we will be able to watch in NEO.

Zags fans seem to have respect for Akron.  http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Men-s-Basketball

akron is solid and can win if zags overlook them. i would be more worried if it was neutral or away.

This team is built to win the MAC Conference. They are balanced, have size (6'10", 290lb C, 6'10", 240lb PF), and athletic guards. Extremely quick backcourt, gave Creighton fits, and nice sized frontcourt.

I just looked. Creighton only beat Akron by 12 at home.

By almost any metric, the Zips are a better opponent for Gonzaga's tournament resume than the Huskies.

Akron will be a competitive game. The boys from lebrons hometown play tough ball. Akron will be athletic and aggressive. Hopefully we don't sleep on these guys as they will be a much stiffer test than UW.

^^They're so close to Canada, maybe they're being overly polite?  Lol.

Love they recognize we're better competition than Washington.  Probably are.

The only comment I don't agree with is our "athletic guards... extremely quick backcourt."  It's why I don't like starting Noah & Josh together... both fellas are neither quick nor overly athletic.

Antino & Ivey on the other hand?...  They'd give anyone fits.

10 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

The only comment I don't agree with is our "athletic guards... extremely quick backcourt."  It's why I don't like starting Noah & Josh together... both fellas are neither quick nor overly athletic.

Antino & Ivey on the other hand?...  They'd give anyone fits.

Over the Dambrot years, I don't think I have ever heard "Akron" and "quick and athletic" together in the same statement.  They have to be referring to Antino and Jimond.  

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I'll turn on the radio, and hope I don't hear too much of Frenchy saying "ho-ly cow" or "You gotta be kidding me".

You left out "hoo-boy".  Usually, that is reserved for when the wheels have completely come off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Can't wait to see Big Dog battle this guy.

Been a "few" years (i.e. 7) since my last "visit" to your place.

FWIW here's a 10 second clip of our 7' 1" 300 lb gazelle beating the entire Washington team down the court last night for the jam (and the "and" 1)

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18233688

Edited by GoZags

8 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Yep, they left early this morning.  I hope the extra time up there helps.  

Today's paper shows overnight temp of 8 degrees in Palouse.  I guess that's why Keith decided he needs to come back to Hawai'i next season.  Yes, the Amish-bearded Pole is an amazing specimen.  Will be quite a challenge for even a Big Dog.  Hope we can go to the half within single digits.  In any case, this will do wonders for our RPI.

9 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

It is being broadcasted on a regional sports channel in the PNW. It doesn't sound like we will be able to watch in NEO.

Roots has a strange footprint.  I think they are in Pittsburgh also.

Edited by Z.I.P.

I was going to say I thought Root was a regional broadcast similar to like Fox Sports Ohio or Fox Sports Detroit. What airs on the one station, with the rare exception (excluding the filler content), doesn't air on the other. In this case Root Sports Pittsburgh will be airing the Penguins game at the same time Root Sports Northwest is airing the Gonzaga/Akron game.

Edited by kreed5120