2017 zips in pro leagues - Domestic and International

http://www.midwestprocombine.com/players/

Looks like Brad Ruhaak will be at the inaugural Midwest pro soccer combine on Dec. 19-20....working hard to make a good impression to start his pro career.

The MLS soccer combine is scheduled for Jan. 7-12 in Los Angeles.  MLS super draft is Jan. 13 also in Los Angeles.

I don't know if Adam will be at the draft/combine as I don't know if he is still considered NYRB homegrown.

I would think that Adam Najem. Victor Souto, Brad Ruhaak, and Danilo Radjen all deserve an invite to the MLS combine if the 4 of them are interested in pursuing a career in MLS.

Thank you to all 4 "zips forever" mentioned above for everything that they did for the University of akron and zips soccer and good luck to all 4 if they choose to pursue a pro career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/2016-expansion-draft-protected-and-unprotected-players

several zips are included in the 11 protected

and several zips are protected due to being home grown or generation adidas

More stupidity from MLS. Minor - Wil Trapp is a homegrown; why is he not listed under that heading for CrewSC? Major - Chad Barson is out of contract with CrewSC. If they have no intention of signing him, he should not be protected just for being a homegrown; MLS should not be allowed to completely control players like this. My understanding is that CrewSC still owns Ben Speas' MLS rights. So, even though Ben played for Minnesota in 2016, they would have to make a deal with CrewSC for Ben to play for them in the MLS in 2017.

3 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Cicerone only other MAC player.  Does this signify that Adam is headed overseas?  I hope he has a realistic direction and guidance.

I don't think it necessarily signifies Adam is headed overseas. I think the NYRB still have Adam's homegrown rights. No reason for HG's to participate in the Combine.

8 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I don't think it necessarily signifies Adam is headed overseas. I think the NYRB still have Adam's homegrown rights. No reason for HG's to participate in the Combine.

Okay, I forgot his homegrown "rights".  Another way to control players' freedom, even before they join the league!

1 hour ago, Z.I.P. said:

Cicerone only other MAC player.  Does this signify that Adam is headed overseas?  I hope he has a realistic direction and guidance.

there is one other MAC player on list besides Cicerone and Danilo

Jack Elliot from West Virginia (from London , England)

OH, DARLINGCeltic’s move for Portland Timbers star Darlington Nagbe could cause USA rift

...If ten-times capped Nagbe signed at the start of next month, he would be whisked off to Celtic‘s winter training camp in the United Arab Emirates.

But if he insisted on attending Arena’s US camp, he could feature in the Scottish Cup tie against Albion Rovers and the league clash v St Johnstone, but could miss up to three games against Hearts, Aberdeen and another game with St Johnstone.

However, Celtic could put their foot down and not allow Nagbe to leave for the camp because the games aren’t on FIFA dates.

Edited by Zip_ME87

Ives Galarcep of soccer by ives....is the person responsible for generating the speculation on adam and home grown

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2016/12/30/30983822/mls-talking-points-the-market-for-landon-donovan-the-next

A source tells Goal USA the New York Red Bulls have let it be known they are open to trading away the rights to homegrown prospect Adam Najem, but as of now no team has stepped up to make an offer for the Akron playmaker.