2017 zips in pro leagues - Domestic and International

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt-americans-abroad/2017/3/9/14846054/usmnt-winter-progress-report-deandre-yedlin

...5. Okay, pretend you're Professor Newcastle and give us a grade for DeAndre so far this season.

A- ...

• Like 1

Congrats to Wil Trapp!

Crew SC signs captain Wil Trapp to multi-year extension

...“We are thrilled to announce that Wil has committed to remain in Columbus with a new multi-year contract extension. He is one of the leaders of our club, a model professional and an important part of our community,” said Sporting Director and Head Coach Gregg Berhalter. "He was raised in Gahanna, he is a product of the Crew SC Academy, he played at the University of Akron, he represented our country at the international level and now he is the captain of Columbus Crew SC. Wil has illuminated a path for any young players in Ohio who are hungry for success in this sport.”...

... Prior to being signed by Crew SC, Trapp made 45 appearances (all starts) for the University of Akron over the course of two seasons (2011, 2012). He twice earned All-Mid-American Conference First Team honors (2011, 2012) and was the MAC Newcomer of the Year in 2011. ...

Edited by Zip_ME87

http://www.bethlehemsteelfc.com/news_article/show/770707?referrer_id=2449180

Adam Najem with an assist today in the Bethlehem Steel exhibition against Notre Dame

Against Notre Dame in the afternoon match, Philadelphia Union players Adam Najem and Marcus Epps provided the lone goal for Steel FC. With the club maintaining its high press that forced Notre Dame in its defensive half, a quick counter attack led to the build. After Santi Moar tracked the ball down the flank, a centering pass to Najem started the offensive attack. With players racing down the field, Najem connected with Epps inside the penalty area. Epps collected the ball and fired the shot into the back of the net for the early 1-0 lead.

10 hours ago, TennZip said:

my eyes are not good enough at this late hour...to try to figure out ...what number that AN10 is wearing for Bethlehem

Hey!  That guy looks awfully familiar.  I think I know him.

I am very happy for Victor Souto.  Victor and two of his teammates debuting the "new kits" for the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.   Victor is really working hard and I know that the Pittsburgh fans will appreciate his 120% effort at all times.

Victor Souto played all 90 minutes in his pro debut.  The Riverhounds tied 3-3 with the defending USL Champs NY Red Bulls 2

Victor played extremely well.  He made several nice plays to get the ball out of the box and he also had a very good left footed shot that the goalie had to dive to punch away. 

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2017/3/25/15061016/philadelphia-union-3-bethlehem-steel-fc-1-friendly-scrimmage

1.) Get on the hype train for Adam Najem and Auston Trusty this instant: Najem has absolutely lethal passing and shooting as well as incredible ball control from the center attacking mid spot. Adam came on in the second half and was every bit as good as he has been all preseason.

The third was a great series where Adam Najem showed why he is “The Truth” and found CJ who put in a poacher’s goal for the third.