2017 zips in pro leagues - Domestic and International

17 minutes ago, Crew8 said:

absolutely great article from the Washington Post.  Great find by Crew8.  Thanks much for sharing this story with the group.

• Like 1

@Crew8

Remember when we met Chris Korb (and date) at the Barley House, watching the 2011 NCAA Tournament on internet stream? 

What a nice guy.

That seems a long time ago, both for us, and for Chris Korb. 

Nowadays, I do not hear much of watch parties for Zips matches.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Fond memories of being at Maryland for an NCAA tourney match and chanting Evan's name as he came out of the locker-trailer and having him run up to the stands and high five us crazies wearing leather vintage football helmets with A on them.  (Don't know why we did that...maybe MGDs.).  Zip lost i. A shoot-out I think, but Evan made so many saves to keep the Zippies in the match it was unbelievable...so good to see him doing so well.  Ubiparapovic was on that team too.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Fond memories of being at Maryland for an NCAA tourney match and chanting Evan's name as he came out of the locker-trailer and having him run up to the stands and high five us crazies wearing leather vintage football helmets with A on them.  (Don't know why we did that...maybe MGDs.).  Zip lost i. A shoot-out I think, but Evan made so many saves to keep the Zippies in the match it was unbelievable...so good to see him doing so well.  Ubiparapovic was on that team too.

2005. I was there too. That was a great game and atmosphere even with the Zips loss. I really think that was the game where the Zips fortunes started to turn because made it to the quarterfinal so they started doing well but that may have been the game that convinced Lolla to look elsewhere. Funny thing how life turns on little things (ten years later I was back at the same Stadium watching Akron and Maryland play again with my UM daughter. Zips won that one).

• Like 1

Great to see 2 former Zip midfielders doing well....

The article below says that Wil Trapp is leading the MLS with 667 passes completed

Victor Souto is mentioned in the post above...for his spectacular goal.  Victor is also doing great on passing. Victor completed 67 passes against Richmond and 72 passes against Harrisburg.  I am very happy for both Wil and Victor.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/05/08/crew-sc-wil-trapps-game-control-key-resurgence?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

• Like 1

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/790620?referrer_id=2333971

So happy for Victor Souto.

He was named to the USL team of the week

Victor is a proud alum of the University of Akron and I know that myself, zip_ME87 and fknbuflobo and so many others are very proud and happy for this hard working young man.

• Like 1

Continued good, positive press for Zips soccer alum Victor Souto.

http://www.riverhounds.com/news_article/show/791927?referrer_id=2869741

After Victor Souto saw the ball hit the back of the net, he dropped to his knees in celebration. Teammates rushed to his side, hugging and patting the rookie on the back.

Making the moment even more special were the people watching a continent away. Souto’s family, who live back in Brazil, make sure to view each Hounds game online and cheer on their favorite player.

“For me, every performance I have is for them,” Souto said. “When I scored, I just fell on my knees, thanking God and my family for all of the energy they were sending me. I felt very blessed.”

Revolution midfielder Scott Caldwell joined GoLocalProv's Molly O'Brien for a comprehensive interview this week

https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/post/2017/05/12/watch-scott-caldwell-golocalprov-live

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/soccer/2017/05/scott_caldwell_has_grown_into_revolution_standout

the one quote talks about Scott at age 17....needing to play at the highest level of college...and develop

Very thankful....that we got to see Scott develop for 4 years....and do great things...

my 2 words to describe Scott - consummate professional

• Like 1