3 soccer "student athletes" graduating this weekend

http://www.gozips.com/general/2016-17/photos/0004/index#PhotoSwipe1481655206993

they had an event to honor the 27 student athletes graduating this weekend.

Kudos to Zip_ME87 for finding the article.

Hopefully, I have attached photos from the event.  Brad Ruhaak, Victor Souto and Danilo Radjen will all graduate this weekend.

Danilo is pictured in his cap and gown and also in a photo with the AD.  Victor has a photo in his cap and gown and also in a photo with the AD.

Brad might have been taking a final during the event.

These 3 young men have consistently made the MAC all academic team with GPA's between 3.5 and 3.85.   I have no doubt that there is not a single sport that can match those excellent academic records put up by these 3 soccer student athletes.  Congratulations to these outstanding student athletes and best wishes for their futures.

45 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

The words STUDENT ATHLETE is something you hear from many of our coaches continually.  It makes me proud to be supporting these kids.  

One thing is certain.  You won't ever see any of these 3 guys sending out "We Ain't Come To Play School" on their Twitter accounts.  

http://www.gozips.com/sports/msoc/2016-17/releases/20161206g1cojo

Danilo Radjen, Sr., 3.696, Exercise Science/Physiology
Brad Ruhaak, Sr., 3.651, Mechanical Engineering ... not only played for Zips Mens Soccer but also for Michigan Bucks, co-oped and was in the UA Honors College. (Very deserving to be the student speaker at Saturday afternoon graduation ceremony.)

http://www.mac-sports.com/news/2015/12/20/GEN_1220153529.aspx?path=fhockey

Noted last Fall *Victor Souto, Akron, Junior, 3.829, Business (Sao Paolo, Brazil)... so far from home and English is this young man's 2nd language

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

Zip_ME87 correctly lauded Brad for being in the UA Honors college.

As a business grad from U of A(a long time ago), I wanted to point out that in the 2015-2016 calendar year...Victor Souto was selected for Beta Gamma Sigma, a prestigious business school honor society.  Victor was the only non-american born person selected to join Beta Gama Sigma in 2015-2016. (as ZIP_ME87 said, Victor is a long way from home and taking classes in his second language.

As a business school grad, I greatly respect and admire Victor for his achievements in the business school classrooms.

• Like 1

Victor Souto graduated from the University of Akron last night Summa Cum Laude and posted a picture of himself with his dad and brother in the lobby of EJ Thomas Hall with the following caption on his Instagram account...

soutoav8 Jan/2013 I was landing in the ?? not knowing English and what would happen in my journey here in this beautiful country... Dec 2016 I am here with my Brother and Dad, (Mom was watching it online in??) graduating from The University of Akron with the highest Honors Designation any Undergrad student can have... Summa Cum Laude in Business Administration and Sales!
I love and thank God, my Family, my Friends, Teammates and everyone that helped me realize this Dream!
This is not a personal accomplishment of mine, this is the result of a teamwork. I thank those that truly care about me and never gave up on me! I also thank the people that made me suffered, and for a second made my smile go away... I am back, stronger and happier to take on any opportunity life brings me! I am ready to share all of my Summa Cum Laude Knowledge about Business and Soccer wherever and whenever ??????⚽️?

from "not knowing English" when he started at UA in January 2013 to Summa Cum Laude in Business Administration.   WOW

• Like 2

Very special young man.

Akron has been blessed to have this amazing, kind, thoughtful young man on campus for the last 4 years.

It takes amazing courage, big dreams, great values, a tireless desire to be the best , and a huge heart to leave your family and a beautiful city of 14 million to come to Akron to expand his education and to play championship quality soccer.   ADMIRATION and RESPECT.

• Like 1

Brad Ruhaak and Danilo Radjen both graduated today while earning magna cum laude status.

I think many of you wanted to see Brad's speech.  I did not think it would be good to post a link to a 1 hour and 56 minute video on ZNO

I have a link to the live page....

there are 3 places where it says click for on demand...

choose saturday at 2...

it is a you tube format...so you can page ahead very easily...

go to 1 hour and forty five minutes...and 25 or 30 seconds....and President Wilson should come up to talk about Brad's accomplishments

The prez talks for probably about 2 minutes...and then Brad probably talks for about 4 minutes

https://www.uakron.edu/live/