2019 Recruiting

Albeit, this was before the early December signing period, but in 2016 East's Jemarulin Suggs & DeAndre Brimage verballed to UA for the 2017 recruiting class.  A year later, East's DeVanier Floyd verballed right around this time.  So I'm looking/hoping for verbals from East's Kyre Williams & DeeArius Reese any day now!  :rock:

Keep those local pipelines flowing, Bowden & Co.! ???

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

Here's a guy we might want to be looking at.  6'6", 250 DE/TE from McKinley.

EDIT:  Whoops.  He's from Canton, MICHIGAN (who's uniforms look like McKinley's).  I was surprised I hadn't heard anything about him. Lol. So, yeah, whatever.

Edited by Blue & Gold

Good stuff B&G. Looking forward to that first HS commit for this class. I'd like to see a good QB added and some DEs and LBs right off the top of my head. Akron guys that I'd hate to see get away are Matt Salopek, DeeArius Reece, and Kyre Williams. Going to have to beat out at least Toledo for all of them I believe.

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Good stuff B&G. Looking forward to that first HS commit for this class. I'd like to see a good QB added and some DEs and LBs right off the top of my head. Akron guys that I'd hate to see get away are Matt Salopek, DeeArius Reece, and Kyre Williams. Going to have to beat out at least Toledo for all of them I believe.

+1.  Couldn't have said it better.  I scroll through twitter a couple times a day hoping to see a verbal from DeeArius.

I'm still disappointed we didn't sign a QB.  We had Ohio Mr. Football Joey Baughman right here in Wadsworth and Tadas Tatarunas up in Mentor.  But apparently Bowden & Co. know more than me because it doesn't appear that either got any D-1 looks.  Baughman signed with Elon & Tatarunas w/ Walsh.