2019 Recruiting

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 10:22 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I saw Jaison and the rest of his Trotwood Madison team play Hoban in the state playoffs in 2016 in Columbus. His 6.25 time for the 40 was evident big time. I thought the Madison OL was poorly coached. Hoban dominated them even though Madison was far bigger. They made no adjustments at halftime and the final score was a near 40 point win by Hoban. I hope he is ready to improve his feet and his explosiveness. I trust the coaches saw something in him that can be improved and he will be part of the steady talent upgrade we are seeing in our team. If he's ready to work he made a super decision to become a Zip.

8 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I saw Jaison and the rest of his Trotwood Madison team play Hoban in the state playoffs in 2016 in Columbus. His 6.25 time for the 40 was evident big time. I thought the Madison OL was poorly coached. Hoban dominated them even though Madison was far bigger. They made no adjustments at halftime and the final score was a near 40 point win by Hoban. I hope he is ready to improve his feet and his explosiveness. I trust the coaches saw something in him that can be improved and he will be part of the steady talent upgrade we are seeing in our team. If he's ready to work he made a super decision to become a Zip.

In watching his highlight film I agree.  I don't like his explosiveness (or lack thereof) off the ball.  I do like how he can bend at the knees and hips - how low he gets his butt to the ground while in stance.  I have a feeling the Zips' strength & conditioning staff's priority will be to get him down to around 305.

I updated the first post in this thread with a list of the players from whom we presently have verbals.  I count eight current verbals from soon-to-be high school seniors.  Additionally, we also have three non-qualifiers from last year's class who will count toward the 2019 class.  So as of 6/22/18 we have 11 players for the 2019 class.

And, yes, it's 8:50 on a Friday night and this is what I'm doing. :wave:

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

I updated the first post in this thread with a list of the players from whom we presently have verbals.  I count eight current verbals from soon-to-be high school seniors.  Additionally, we also have three non-qualifiers from last year's class who will count toward the 2019 class.  So as of 6/22/18 we have 11 players for the 2019 class.

It's OK, the night is still young :thumb:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

By 11:30, we'll probably have 22 players for the 2019 class in the first post, including some blue chippers. :CK_brew: :cheers:

15 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

And, yes, it's 8:50 on a Friday night and this is what I'm doing. 

You passed on the obvious .... "it's 8:50 on a Friday night and Kent stills sucks!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1