2019 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Those poor kids, having football coaches chase them down to offer them $120-160k over 4 years at the age of 17/18. 

I understand the process can be smothering and annoying, but that's not a good enough reason to hose college programs. 

These poor colleges

7 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

If that situation happened, I feel said players should be able to withdrawal their commitment if they wish to do so without penalty.

Yes, then Big School B kicks scholarship player #83 off their team to open up a scholarship for a guy that was more sought after. 

College football is horribly corrupt. The game itself is a superior product to the NFL, but all other aspects are nauseating. 

That sucks, but it's not surprising considering the timing of the hire. Bowden should have been fired during the season so we could have had a better jump on the coaching search, building a staff and recruiting. We may have waited until the end of the season out of respect for what TB accomplished in saving the progrum from Ianello. Just speculation on my part. Coach Arth knew this signing day would be poor. Let's give him time to get his staff and vision out to recruits. I'm hoping February signing is better, but even if it isn't Arth deserves time to build the program his way.

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Wow, what a class act!  I couldn't imagine being that mature and level headed when I was 18.  Good luck, Tyler!

(I respect Coach Arth for being straight forward w/ Tyler.  Tom's honestly will also benefit Tyler, as I think this move will be best for both parties.)

We have zero signees and we're rescinding old offers? Not the greatest start

18 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

We have zero signees and we're rescinding old offers? Not the greatest start

I took the afternoon off work today and was able to meet with coach Arth. I’ll have a story posted sometime this weekend. On the topic of the existing recruits he said he didn’t want to pressure them to commit to a coach and staff that they’d never even met. And likewise he didn’t want to extend an offer to a student athlete that he’d never met. 

Zips fans will need to wait for the February signing date to see the 2019 class. It’s just the way it has to be. The new early signing period is really unfair to anyone involved with a coaching change. Whether your coach is fired, or he leaves on his own for a better opportunity.

I can say he’s an extremely nice guy. Very gracious and a good listener. I was a big proponent of Luke Getsy being hired, and a lot of the positives I liked in Luke are also in Tom Arth. I think we hired a good one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1