2019 Recruiting

40 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

I'm getting excited for signing day again. I pray we get some players capable of filling needs and not just taking scholies. There are so many of us on this board who are dying to be relevant in the MAC championship again.

There does not seem to be many (if any) guys we are targeting where we end up being the only reported FBS offer, which is a good sign. While there's no doubt that we lost some nice pieces in this class with the transition, I'm kind of getting the feeling like we will be pleasantly surprised with this class all things considered. Not quite as good as it would have been, IMO, but likely better than most of the previous classes. It does seem like we are targeting a lot of DE/OLBs and DTs. Probably trying to get some personnel in for the change to a 3-4.

16 hours ago, UAZippers said:

Here is a 4 and a half minute interview of Zach from June 2016. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and was once the #1 rated QB in GA.

B2C sits down with Zach Gibson the #1 rated QB in Georgia for the class of 2019.  The Johns Creek signal caller talks about how the past season went for him and what he is looking forward to seeing happen this upcoming season...

• Like 1

So 247 debuted their transfer portal today, where I imagine they have an insider leaking the NCAA transfer portal info. Good news - I do not see any Akron players on there. I also don't see any listed as transferring to Akron. Looks like Ball St lost both their QB and RB to better schools so far. Yikes!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

Was a Bowden recruit. Glad to see that he's still on board after a visit with the new staff.

Him/his dad really seemed and still seem to be all about the Zips based on what I casually piece together on twitter. Glad to have him!