2019 Recruiting

I feel it should be noted that Northern Illinois gets the vast majority of their recruits from the Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin area and they consistently compete at the top of the MAC. None of those states are listed in the top 10 above. Texas, California, Georgia, Florida all are known for producing top end recruits so those states are also the most heavily recruited. I feel Illinois/Wisconsin/Minnesota area is a place we can look to get a couple top end MAC recruits that fall through the cracks per year.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Penn Hills. Hope Arth gets some more kids out of Western PA. Been some good ones here in the past. Kid is big. Never hurts to have receivers/RB's thinking about getting run over by a freight train if they have the ball.

Should note we already have a big and talented S from Penn Hills on the team in Shawn Featherstone.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:47 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

We are finally going to have a running game. Heck of a get.

I'm not worried about the OLine. The Browns had a trash OLine until the system changed from Haley/Hue to Kitchens. I think the same thing will happen here with the coaching & system change. 

Arth is bringing in some good size O lineman. The kid from Jackson could turn into a road grader if he can learn some technique and move his feet.

Speaking of a change in system,what type of offense is Arth going to run?

56 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Arth is bringing in some good size O lineman. The kid from Jackson could turn into a road grader if he can learn some technique and move his feet.

Speaking of a change in system,what type of offense is Arth going to run?

Does it matter? The fact that you said Arth and not Milwee means it will automatically be an improvement. :cheers:

I'm by no means an x and o's expert, but I actually found some games and watched part of one (vs Wofford in 2018) on Youtube the other evening. Look for similar personnel packages as what MIlwee ran. Mostly (and potentially all) out of shotgun. I noticed some QB runs, which were more power-oriented. I did notice more motion which was probably the difference that stuck out the most.

Keep in mind Arth was only at Chat for 2 seasons, so likely never really was able to obtain/develop talent to run an offense exactly how he'd like, but maybe he did. Best bet would be to look at JCU, but good luck finding any of those games.

Defense will be 3-4.

Edited by LZIp

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'm by no means an x and o's expert, but I actually found some games and watched part of one (vs Wofford in 2018) on Youtube the other evening. Look for similar personnel packages as what MIlwee ran. Mostly (and potentially all) out of shotgun. I noticed some QB runs, which were more power-oriented. I did notice more motion which was probably the difference that stuck out the most.

Keep in mind Arth was only at Chat for 2 seasons, so likely never really was able to obtain/develop talent to run an offense exactly how he'd like, but maybe he did. Best bet would be to look at JCU, but good luck finding any of those games.

Defense will be 3-4.

With the personnel packages you saw, how many delayed hand-offs did you witness?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

well i guess I can't say I've seen anything official, but Feeney ran it last year at UT-C and we seemed to heavily concentrate on DE's/OLBs. Just putting 2 and 2 together.

Gotcha, didn't know if I missed a quote. We haven't hired a DC yet right? So I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in anything just yet

6 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Does it matter? The fact that you said Arth and not Milwee means it will automatically be an improvement. :cheers:

Well it does matter IMHO. Couple of reasons. Has to fit the personnel he has inherited and recruited. He only recruited one that was listed as a QB. So, apparently he either uses Nelson or Ramart this season. From what I have seen those two are not the same type of QB. So I wonder if Nelson is going to be the starter. Second,the O-line might have to get a whole lot better if Arth runs a more diversified offense. Given his Pro background my guess is he just might. Hopefully. Lets see.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, Lee Adams said:

Well it does matter IMHO. Couple of reasons. Has to fit the personnel he has inherited and recruited. He only recruited one that was listed as a QB. So, apparently he either uses Nelson or Ramart this season. From what I have seen those two are not the same type of QB. So I wonder if Nelson is going to be the starter. Second,the O-line might have to get a whole lot better if Arth runs a more diversified offense. Given his Pro background my guess is he just might. Hopefully. Lets see.

You would think it would matter, but not in this case.  Anyone with more imagination than a gnat will be a significant improvement over Milwee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...