Sign in to follow this  
Blue & Gold

2019 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

I’m interested to see the Cleveland recruits that have been emphasized so much in the last few weeks. Right or wrong, I might be disappointed to see Tennessee area recruits. 🤷‍♂️

To salvage this class, I'm sure it's easier to continue with the relationships/connections that have already been built for the bulk of the class. 

I've attached my best guess at an updated scholarship chart. Couple notes: I included Boogie Knight, Muldowney, and Bischoff as scholarship players even though there isn't a record of them having one. Just my assumption based on getting actual playing time last year. I also removed Denzel Butler, Mark Ellis, Chuck Turfe, and Vince Lockett...players who you would believe are on scholly and have eligibility left based on the 2018 roster, but do not appear on the 2019 spring roster. 

Based on all of that, it looks like there are 23 schollies available for 2019. As always, if anyone knows of a player's situation better than I do in regards to them being on scholly or with the program, please let me know and I'll update. Trying to make this as accurate as possible.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, LZIp said:

I've attached my best guess at an updated scholarship chart. Couple notes: I included Boogie Knight, Muldowney, and Bischoff as scholarship players even though there isn't a record of them having one. Just my assumption based on getting actual playing time last year. I also removed Denzel Butler, Mark Ellis, Chuck Turfe, and Vince Lockett...players who you would believe are on scholly and have eligibility left based on the 2018 roster, but do not appear on the 2019 spring roster. 

Based on all of that, it looks like there are 23 schollies available for 2019. As always, if anyone knows of a player's situation better than I do in regards to them being on scholly or with the program, please let me know and I'll update. Trying to make this as accurate as possible.

Zips Football Scholarship Chart.xlsx

I think DiLauro was being promised a scholly the last weeks of 2018, but that all dissolved when the change occurred.  You show him as non-scholly anyway, but for what it's worth....

Looks like Arth is recruiting JUCO hard right now trying to fill holes.  I hope we still get a good number of freshmen in February.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zzx said:

I have a bowl of potatoes as a reason why he should have committed to Akron. 

17 hours ago, zzx said:

Looks like a FB from Ashland?

edit: looks like he only played in 1 game in each of the past 2 seasons and has accumulated zero stats. I think its safe to say he will be a walk on.

Edited by LZIp
  • Haha 1

Another opportunity. Rod Carey reportedly leaving NIU for Temple.

Looking at NIU 2018 roster and the only Ohio player I'm seeing is PK Andrew Grantz from Dayton. Looking at their 2019 recruiting everyone is pretty much from IL, IN, or WI. I don't see any of these guys finding their way onto Akron's roster.

OLB/WR Kyshad Mack from Massillon receives offer:

OLB Caden Campolieti from St. Ignatius receives offer:

RB/SS Micah Kelly from Ocean Springs Mississippi receives offer: 

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1