Sign in to follow this  
Blue & Gold

2019 Recruiting

Looks like Arth is recruiting JUCO hard right now trying to fill holes.  I hope we still get a good number of freshmen in February.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zzx said:

I have a bowl of potatoes as a reason why he should have committed to Akron. 

17 hours ago, zzx said:

Looks like a FB from Ashland?

edit: looks like he only played in 1 game in each of the past 2 seasons and has accumulated zero stats. I think its safe to say he will be a walk on.

Edited by LZIp
  • Haha 1

Another opportunity. Rod Carey reportedly leaving NIU for Temple.

Looking at NIU 2018 roster and the only Ohio player I'm seeing is PK Andrew Grantz from Dayton. Looking at their 2019 recruiting everyone is pretty much from IL, IN, or WI. I don't see any of these guys finding their way onto Akron's roster.

OLB/WR Kyshad Mack from Massillon receives offer:

OLB Caden Campolieti from St. Ignatius receives offer:

RB/SS Micah Kelly from Ocean Springs Mississippi receives offer: 

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I am really happy for everyone who wanted to see the Zips move to 1AA. We are well on our way....

I hope your man enough to come clean & quit bitching if your wrong, your negativity has to be depressing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Very uneducated in this area - does the fact that some of our current roster players haven't announced they are leaving the team mean good things?  Of id there a time frame where they can't announce they are leaving a school?  Thoughts from my more savy friends on ZNO.....

1 minute ago, ZipsVoice said:

Very uneducated in this area - does the fact that some of our current roster players haven't announced they are leaving the team mean good things?  Of id there a time frame where they can't announce they are leaving a school?  Thoughts from my more savy friends on ZNO.....

I would think it is a good thing. I haven't been able to find much in that regard and there is no time frame to announce anything. If some were looking to transfer (or at least someone of note), I think we would have heard about it, considering GT was pretty quick to report Kostelac was in the transfer portal.

I did find someone tweet a few days ago that an unnamed player was looking to transfer, but they were looking for a 1AA/D2 landing spot, so I can't imagine its someone we would be upset about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2019 at 8:51 PM, zipsoutsider said:

I am really happy for everyone who wanted to see the Zips move to 1AA. We are well on our way....

I'd think that going 37-52 the last seven seasons and a 47 point loss in their last bowl already had them off to a good start...

• Like 1