2019 Recruiting

Peter Hayes-Patrick looks like the real deal to me. OSU and FSU offered him in 8th grade! Seems like they backed off throughout high school and he missed half of his senior year, which might explain why there doesn't seem to be a ton of interest from bigger programs. Seems like it is going to come down to us and Toledo, and he already visited Toledo. Let's see what the new staff has!

There seemed to be a big recruiting night orchestrated on campus last night. InfoCision was blasting music and the scoreboard was showing the Northwestern game highlights when I was returning to my car after the bb game. Probably 12 black Chevy Suburbans lined up inside the stadium, underneath the home stands. Appeared to be a rocking party

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

There seemed to be a big recruiting night orchestrated on campus last night. InfoCision was blasting music and the scoreboard was showing the Northwestern game highlights when I was returning to my car after the bb game. Probably 12 black Chevy Suburbans lined up inside the stadium, underneath the home stands. Appeared to be a rocking party

The Stadium and scoreboard was all lit up Friday night too after the track meet, but it was over about 9:30, so nothing in the stadium when I went to my car....

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Looks like he has been eating since the season ended

He's got the size for sure. Does anyone know if he can move his feet? Our roster last year had a lot of slow, big guys. 

On 1/23/2019 at 7:36 PM, LZIp said:

So 247 debuted their transfer portal today, where I imagine they have an insider leaking the NCAA transfer portal info. Good news - I do not see any Akron players on there. I also don't see any listed as transferring to Akron. Looks like Ball St lost both their QB and RB to better schools so far. Yikes!

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

I like this transfer site. Thanks for posting!

Looking at the transfer portal site I saw that tight end Eli Wolf has entered the transfer portal from the University of Tennessee. I remember him playing at small high school power Minster here in Ohio a few years back. I wonder if the Zips would be a good fit for him.

17 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Yeah, I think we need to start getting more on the DL as we lost a few to graduation there.

I agree but keep a couple things in mind,  I heard we hit Juco pretty hard on the defensive side, plus defensive scheme change to 3 down lineman, putting a lot of pass rushing responsibility on OLB.  Maybe move Devon Jones back to defense?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 8.13.51 AM.png

Thank you for helping make my point, we don’t know the final list yet but have 4 OL commits, all bigger than the biggest guy on this list.  Your looking for at least 6’6’ with arm reach for tackles at this level.  Again time will tell but I haven’t seen this commitment to OL.  Especially in there short time here