2019 Recruiting

Yes, it was a great read, but it was quite revealing!  We heard so much about the effort to recruit NE Ohio in the past.  Some of the comments made it seem like we had no presence in the HS community in the very places we needed to be most.  If nothing else, Arth can help change that dismissive attitude in our back yard.  Winning players?  Butts in the seats.

• Like 2

I'm not normally one to get involved in recruiting discussion as frankly I'm not going to pretend to know something about some kid in Georgia who I've never seen play. That being said on the surface it seems despite Arth getting a late start on recruiting, we're actively involved in recruiting battles against other FBS schools. It seemed under the Bowden area we landed a lot of guys who we were their only FBS offer. I feel it's a positive sign.

Edited by kreed5120

Did some reading on that last night. I would be surprised if they are interested in any as they've won 8 games the past 7 years. That is not a typo.

However, hopefully it equates to some more Zips fans at games!

Edited by LZIp

20 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

They would not because they terminated the program.  They have a OT and the little brother of Ashton Dulin WR that got an NFL combine invite that plays DE that some D1 programs are looking at

Maybe we don't have a roster full of players better than anyone they have :lol:

2 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Maybe we don't have a roster full of players better than anyone they have :lol:

We do for the most part but the OT was a Michigan State commit that didn’t qualify & Ashton Dulin is a Senior this year & got a NFL combine invite & from what I understand a good kid & could of played D1 obviously & his little brother followed in his footsteps.  I believe he is a freshman.

14 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

We do for the most part but the OT was a Michigan State commit that didn’t qualify & Ashton Dulin is a Senior this year & got a NFL combine invite & from what I understand a good kid & could of played D1 obviously & his little brother followed in his footsteps.  I believe he is a freshman.

Good to know. Thanks. So we shouldn't worry about the WR as he's gone. What;s the name of the OL? Looks like the DE is going to be a Jr, unless you're talking about yet another brother.

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Good to know. Thanks. So we shouldn't worry about the WR as he's gone. What;s the name of the OL? Looks like the DE is going to be a Jr, unless you're talking about yet another brother.

Don’t know name, he would probably be a guard at D1, he is like 6’4” over 300,  i don’t know how much eligibility he has either, i think the brothers name is Arr Dulin

These two Malone players were rated 3 star athletes in high school:

CB Kei Becckham

RB Keon Singleton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashton Dulin's brother is Arrington Dulin who lead the team in sacks

Jalani Allen is a WR with good speed

Zak Hill is the name of the OL that was mentioned above

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zzx said:

Former Kentucky player Jaylin Bannerman who is a big (6'5" 240)  JUCO OLB

visited Akron this weekend

was a 3 star recruit in high school

Looks like he actually signed with UMASS in the early period, but they've mutually decided to part ways. He was their highest rated recruit and will have 2 years of eligibility.

https://247sports.com/Article/UMass-RB-Bilal-Ally-stays-in-Amherst-signee-Bannerman-released-127602704

Edited by LZIp

I'd have to bet Connor Shell is a walk on?

Jaylin Bannerman looks great!  Watching his film, Arizona Western had him lined up at OLB quite often, i.e., he can really move.  6'5, 240's a huge OLB.

I've still got my fingers crossed for Hutch C.C. DT Jamykal Neal (6-2, 318).

Super Bowl?  :zzz:

Can't wait for Wednesday!!! :rock:

• Like 1