2019 Recruiting

So FSU and OSU offered him in 2014. His crystal ball prediction to FSU was also made in 2014. I'm going to guess he didn't have a committable offer anymore to FSU, but his last three offers were Vandy, Indiana and GT so no slouch by any means and probably our best HS recruit in the past few years. Great pickup

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

So FSU and OSU offered him in 2014. His crystal ball prediction to FSU was also made in 2014. I'm going to guess he didn't have a committable offer anymore to FSU, but his last three offers were Vandy, Indiana and GT so no slouch by any means and probably our best HS recruit in the past few years. Great pickup

Thanks for the clarification. Nonetheless, great get.

This is great news. We should have a nice stable of backs now. Alce, White, and Hayes-Patrick were all 3* recruits. I've kind of felt O-line has been the issue the past few years as anyone we had back there trying to carry didn't have much success. Hopefully we see some improvements on the o-line to open up some running lanes.

10 hours ago, zzx said:

former commit:

I was hoping we could keep him. I wonder if he's a non-qualifier being that he waited so late in the process to decommit and say he isn't signing on NSD? He had other offers and plenty of time to open his recruitment.

This commitment does seem to be a great get. My only concern was his 4.8 speed in the 40. We have had a history of backs who had no breakaway speed. I hope that's not the case here. I also echo the others posting who feel we will be better because of the OC change, the OL coach change and the new signings. Our running game looks like it is rising from the ashes.

The amount of preferred walk-ons is interesting. I wonder if part of Arth's plan is to use his connections in NEO to bring in kids who are driven, hungry, etc., in order to push the scholarship players to be better, disciplined, etc. Not sure if I'm reading WAY too much into them, but I'm not sure I have ever seen this many PWOs announced. 

20 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The amount of preferred walk-ons is interesting. I wonder if part of Arth's plan is to use his connections in NEO to bring in kids who are driven, hungry, etc., in order to push the scholarship players to be better, disciplined, etc. Not sure if I'm reading WAY too much into them, but I'm not sure I have ever seen this many PWOs announced. 

I like it.  Building relationships w/in NEO.