2019 Recruiting

Early signing period begins tomorrow and runs through Friday. Total shot in the dark, but I'm setting the O/U for early signees at 6, which may include some non-qualifiers/greyshirts from last year's class like Sibley and Phillis. 

Also, a good thing for at least this year - and kind of expected - the spring roster shows Featherstone, Lloyd, and Robbie Kelley. So looking at 3 less schollies to fill and have quality players using them, in my opinion.

Keep an eye on this guy. New staff offered him (also recruited at UT-C). 3 years to play 2.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Koby-Perry-121065/RecruitInterests/

Another one we just offered that Arth was recruiting at UT-C. Looks like 3 years to play 3. Apparently originally at OK St.

https://247sports.com/player/james-lewis-83495/

• Like 1

Looks like we offered this guy who was also recruited by UT-C. Has offers from UAB and Ark State as well. Most important thing here IMO is him tagging Davern Williams, as that would indicate he will be on the staff. He's been brought up before by I think @zzx, but he was at EMCC on Last Chance U, with Arth's staff at UT-C. Seems like a good coach and recruiter. UT-C's biggest recruits, where they really seemed to punch above their weight, last year were Dlineman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Okay - PCCC is actually doing something cool.

Something cool? Yeah, sure, maybe in a wannabe-NFL-Draft sorta way - similar to the guest announcer in the 7th round who won a contest. They got Johnny Manziel's CFL teammate to do a low-rate video. Congrats. You are... Can't State. KSUcks. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

2 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Mounds was such a good recruiter that our roster, IMHO, was getting too top-heavy in the defensive backfield.  How many DB's do we need? Lol.

I was thinking something similar, but looking at our spring roster - I only see 2 true corners - Riley and Lubin. All the others guys are either likely walk ons or have only played safety up until this point. FWIW - Denzel Butler was listed as a Redshirt Jr. on the 2018 roster, but isn't on the 2019 spring roster. I think we need some depth at CB, whether it be new signees or players switching positions.

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I was thinking something similar, but looking at our spring roster - I only see 2 true corners - Riley and Lubin. All the others guys are either likely walk ons or have only played safety up until this point. FWIW - Denzel Butler was listed as a Redshirt Jr. on the 2018 roster, but isn't on the 2019 spring roster. I think we need some depth at CB, whether it be new signees or players switching positions.

Yeah, good catch & good call.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

With the lack of corners, it would be a great opportunity for any of the CB recruits to step into and possibly get significant playing time as a freshman or maybe even start as a freshman

Edited by zzx

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Before the institution of the Early Signing date, new coaches would have a couple of months to scrape together a class.  This is a new situation.

Which is crap. I don't understand this early signing day and why it was implemented. Bowl games are still going on, the Playoffs are yet to occur. It's stupid. Imagine if Lincoln Riley is hired by the Browns? 

3 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Which is crap. I don't understand this early signing day and why it was implemented. Bowl games are still going on, the Playoffs are yet to occur. It's stupid. Imagine if Lincoln Riley is hired by the Browns? 

So kids can sign with the school they want to go to and not deal with the slime of recruiting for 2 more months if they don't want to

4 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

So kids can sign with the school they want to go to and not deal with the slime of recruiting for 2 more months if they don't want to

Those poor kids, having football coaches chase them down to offer them $120-160k over 4 years at the age of 17/18. 

I understand the process can be smothering and annoying, but that's not a good enough reason to hose college programs. 

21 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

If that situation happened, I feel said players should be able to withdrawal their commitment if they wish to do so without penalty.