MAC Pick Em

MACPicks

I've had several people ask me about the pickem site so I wanted to get this post up for anyone wondering.  Long story short, my webhost stopped supporting the database program I use to run the pickem site. I keep thinking I will get around to educating myself enough to re-do it and get it up and running, but I've finally accepted that it just isn't going to happen. With 3 young kids, a demanding job and coaching & administering youth sports...I just can't find the time.

As some of you know, the site started as a college project 15 years ago. I was a dual MIS/Accounting major, and my career went the accounting route. Because of that, my programming skills are severely outdated and limited but as long as my archaic crotchety old website worked I kept running it. 

The timing was not ideal, the migration hit just a few weeks ago leaving a short window. I'm hopeful I can get to it over the coming year and come back in 2018 with a revamped site, and we can view Pick Em 2017 like we do MLB 1994. I apologize for not having it up and running and thank those of you who have played over the years.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2016 at 10:50 PM, MACPicks said:

I've had several people ask me about the pickem site so I wanted to get this post up for anyone wondering.  Long story short, my webhost stopped supporting the database program I use to run the pickem site. I keep thinking I will get around to educating myself enough to re-do it and get it up and running, but I've finally accepted that it just isn't going to happen. With 3 young kids, a demanding job and coaching & administering youth sports...I just can't find the time.

As some of you know, the site started as a college project 15 years ago. I was a dual MIS/Accounting major, and my career went the accounting route. Because of that, my programming skills are severely outdated and limited but as long as my archaic crotchety old website worked I kept running it. 

The timing was not ideal, the migration hit just a few weeks ago leaving a short window. I'm hopeful I can get to it over the coming year and come back in 2018 with a revamped site, and we can view Pick Em 2017 like we do MLB 1994. I apologize for not having it up and running and thank those of you who have played over the years.

It's a darn shame you've let your misplaced priorities get in the way of our fun.  :P

Thanks for making the effort.  I look forward to when you get it up and rolling again!