• Mitch Trubisky
    • DeShone Kizer
    • Brad Kaaya
    • Chad Kelly
    • Davis Webb
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Cooper Rush
    • Zach Terrell
    • Other (explain in the body of the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Preseason :zzz:

My Facebook feed was blowing up this morning with pics of friends at the first Browns preseason game.  So many people just absolutely giddy about being able to watch another season of bad football!

On the other hand, who's excited about Zips football?  Me and 9099 other people. (Or less)  It's so hard for me to understand.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, K92 said:

My Facebook feed was blowing up this morning with pics of friends at the first Browns preseason game.  So many people just absolutely giddy about being able to watch another season of bad football!

On the other hand, who's excited about Zips football?  Me and 9099 other people. (Or less)  It's so hard for me to understand.

Although it is more complicated to compare the MAC Zips and the NFL Browns, specifically because you're only one of 32 teams that can win a title vs. being in a pool of teams with nearly no chance of winning a title....  

....it does baffle the mind that the same NE Ohio sports fans who claim that they would support the Zips if they won more games were certainly part of the group that flocked to a preseason game of a 1-15 football team as if it was the go-to event of the summer in our area.    

• Like 1

Actually, I think there are 129 FBS teams.  Who has a chance to win it all?

1. Clemson

2. Florida State

3. Alabama

4. Auburn

5. Ohio State

6. Michigan

7. Penn State

8. Oklahoma

9. Oklahoma State

10. USC

11. Washington

That's my list.  If anyone thinks I'm wrong, I will give you the other 118 teams in a bet.  8.5% of FBS has a shot at winning it.  (Probably less)  That isn't a very level playing field.

I'll go with that.   

That was my point a few posts ago, regarding Browns and Zips.   The Browns could win a title.  The Zips are in a group where that's impossible.  

Besides all of that, it is still amazing that people are "giddy" about a 1-15 football team's first preseason game.  And like I said, I'm sure they are some of the same people who claim that they'd support the Zips if they won more games.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Out of the 2017 QB Class, those starting game 1:

Browns:  DeShone Kizer

How Rookie QBs did in week one:

DeShone Kizer 20/33, 222 yrds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 Rushing TD

DeShaun Watson 12/23, 102 yrds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Those are the only stats I could find for this week.  If someone else knows of a Rookie QB getting some reps in week one, go ahead and post.

• 3 weeks later...

Deshaun Watson: 64.2 Total QBR. Watson leads all quarterbacks in rushing, but he has improved his completion percentage and passing yardage in every game this season. With the Titans, Chiefs and Seahawks on the schedule for three of Houston's next four games, his continued improvement will be crucial to any postseason aspirations for the Texans.

DeShone Kizer: 26.6 Total QBR. Kizer has the fourth-worst Total QBR this season, but there is some good news. Well, kind of. His QBR through three career starts is better than Brandon Weeden's and Johnny Manziel's, so that's good. The Bengals and Jets are up next for the Browns, so there's hope for improvement.

source

26 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Deshaun Watson: 64.2 Total QBR. Watson leads all quarterbacks in rushing, but he has improved his completion percentage and passing yardage in every game this season. With the Titans, Chiefs and Seahawks on the schedule for three of Houston's next four games, his continued improvement will be crucial to any postseason aspirations for the Texans.

DeShone Kizer: 26.6 Total QBR. Kizer has the fourth-worst Total QBR this season, but there is some good news. Well, kind of. His QBR through three career starts is better than Brandon Weeden's and Johnny Manziel's, so that's good. The Bengals and Jets are up next for the Browns, so there's hope for improvement.

source

You really have watch the Browns games instead of just look at the box score to see how Kizer is really doing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe QBR is calculated solely based off of stats? I thought he looked pretty solid against Pitt. Bad against Baltimore...real bad. I don't know how much the migraine played into that though. Can't really relate. I thought he was pretty decent against Indy as well. Got rid of the ball quicker, took less sacks. I would put one INT on him, one could be him or Kasen Williams (a clear miscommunication somewhere), and then the INT at the end shouldn't be held against him really as it was a hail mary attempt. Here's why you need to watch the games: 8 dropped passes and 4 nice plays called back due to offensive pass interference. Those are not typos and that is just in the Indy game.

Biggest things I want to see from him is less turnovers and getting rid of the ball quicker. He is getting zero help from his WRs and losing Coleman for a while is just rubbing salt into the wound.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

Kizer is the first guy I have seen in a Browns uniform that looks like a competent QB. Sure he has made mistakes, but most of them were because of aggresive play. He has the size, agility, arm strength and brains to be an NFL QB.  Now he just needs more experience and a better supporting cast to be successful. 

• Like 1

Deshaun Watson is better than even the Texans expected --by Michael David Smith

On Sunday Watson was sensational, passing for 283 yards and four touchdowns, running for 24 yards and a touchdown, and leading Houston to a 57-14 win over Tennessee. Those 57 points were the most in Texans history and the most in any NFL game in five years. Watson became just the second rookie in NFL history with 250 pass yards, four passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in a game. (The first was Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton in 1961.) And Watson is now the only player in NFL history to put up seven passing touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns in the first four games of his rookie season.

Vikings give Bears another reason to start Mitch Trubisky  --by Steve Rosenbloom

Kizer completed 16-of-34 passes for 118 yards and an interception before he was pulled in favor of Kevin Hogan. Then he calls out his offense: "In order to be successful in this league, it takes all 11 guys on one side of the ball working together to execute their job properly," Kizer said. "We were not able to do that across the board from the first snap." His eight interceptions lead the NFL after four games, as do his nine turnovers. 

Hue thinks Kizer played "lights out" against the Bungles. ?

Edit: Trubisky will start next Monday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...