• Mitch Trubisky
    • DeShone Kizer
    • Brad Kaaya
    • Chad Kelly
    • Davis Webb
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Cooper Rush
    • Zach Terrell
    • Other (explain in the body of the thread)

K92    1,005
2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Preseason :zzz:

My Facebook feed was blowing up this morning with pics of friends at the first Browns preseason game.  So many people just absolutely giddy about being able to watch another season of bad football!

On the other hand, who's excited about Zips football?  Me and 9099 other people. (Or less)  It's so hard for me to understand.

• Like 1

skip-zip    673
20 hours ago, K92 said:

My Facebook feed was blowing up this morning with pics of friends at the first Browns preseason game.  So many people just absolutely giddy about being able to watch another season of bad football!

On the other hand, who's excited about Zips football?  Me and 9099 other people. (Or less)  It's so hard for me to understand.

Although it is more complicated to compare the MAC Zips and the NFL Browns, specifically because you're only one of 32 teams that can win a title vs. being in a pool of teams with nearly no chance of winning a title....  

....it does baffle the mind that the same NE Ohio sports fans who claim that they would support the Zips if they won more games were certainly part of the group that flocked to a preseason game of a 1-15 football team as if it was the go-to event of the summer in our area.    

• Like 1

K92    1,005

Actually, I think there are 129 FBS teams.  Who has a chance to win it all?

1. Clemson

2. Florida State

3. Alabama

4. Auburn

5. Ohio State

6. Michigan

7. Penn State

8. Oklahoma

9. Oklahoma State

10. USC

11. Washington

That's my list.  If anyone thinks I'm wrong, I will give you the other 118 teams in a bet.  8.5% of FBS has a shot at winning it.  (Probably less)  That isn't a very level playing field.

skip-zip    673

I'll go with that.   

That was my point a few posts ago, regarding Browns and Zips.   The Browns could win a title.  The Zips are in a group where that's impossible.  

Besides all of that, it is still amazing that people are "giddy" about a 1-15 football team's first preseason game.  And like I said, I'm sure they are some of the same people who claim that they'd support the Zips if they won more games.  

• Like 1