UA Finally Launching ESPN3

Blue & Gold

I'll be interested to see how this works out.  It's certainly logical to think that if we "look" like everyone else, the local media may have more desire to use our footage, and the local fans may take more notice.  That might prove to be the biggest breakthrough to our growth as an athletic program.  

One of the bigger benefits of having broadcasts on espn3 is the ability to watch the telecast at your own schedule.  Im able to make all the home games but some, like the ohio U game are worth rewatching on replay to see the dunks and our big rally.  I just wish theyd access the replays on the jumbotron.  Id love to see clear slo-mo replays during the gameas we do in football.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disney buying part of 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion

"Before the buyout, 21st Century Fox will separate the Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network into a newly listed company... Disney is launching new streaming services, which could be helped with the addition of the Fox assets."

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

52.4 BILLION. Holy smokes. Quite an interesting investment considering how ESPN has been hemorrhaging money.

I'm seeing contradictory information as to whether Disney is acquiring the Fox regional sports networks.  BBC story states that all of Murdoch's TV news, business and sports nets will be consolidated into a spinoff company.  Deadline says that Disney WILL pick off the sports networks.  Either way the business changes immensely with the end of the Murdoch empire.