Zips -v- BUGS 2017

Blue & Gold

Curious to see BGSU guard Antwon Lillard.  He's the kid who was a standout at Cleveland Central Catholic who had a monster dunk in the last minute of the state championship game but got t'd up for hanging on the rim, resulting in tech free throws and the eventual loss of the game in OT.  Always felt a little bad for the kid.

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-6951888627710125408/central-catholics-antwon-lillard-says-he-hung-on-rim-after-late-dunk-against-defiance-to-protect-himself/

• Like 1

Could someone watching in REAL time please provide a score??  I don't have the ESPN3 feed, and there are two diff scores.  The GoZips gametracker shows Akron leading 17-11, while ESPN -- which has no tracker at all, just the score shows 30-28 Akron.  smh!

Edited by Z.I.P.

5 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Could someone watching in REAL time please provide a score??  I don't have the ESPN3 feed, and there are two diff scores.  The GoZips gametracker shows Akron leading 17-11, while ESPN -- which has no tracker at all, just the score shows 30-28 Akron.  smh!

37-35 at the half. 3 of the 4 fouls on Big Dog and Kwan IMO weren't fouls. That foul on Kwan when the rebounder fell into him was atrocious.

Edited by kreed5120

7 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I went to ESPN to check out other MAC scores at the start of half-time. It was accurate. Might want to consider using that.

Okay for scores, but no STATS!  I want to see stats. I see from the 8.9 mins on Gozips.com that Big Dog picked up 2 PF by that time.  Did he return?

Wow, the Zips CANNOT play that way against the better teams.  BG shot 54% from the field and had only 8 turnovers.  It felt like we had 8 turnovers in the first 3 minutes.  Some of that was them playing over their heads, but much of it was listless and inattentive defense.  We gave up ten points more than they're averaging on the season against lesser competition.

Glad to see Ivey's continued development.  Him slashing has become a great alternative to kicking it out for the three when Big Dog gets doubled.  I sure would like to see the ball in Antino's hands more.

• Like 1