ESPN Bracketolgy

Hilltopper

5 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

What did the Zips in is they only have 1 OOC top 100 win (Marshall 74 RPI/ 99 Kenpom) and 0 top 50 wins. Akron needs to schedule better OOC if it ever hopes to get an at-large even if it means sacrificing a home game to collect a check to play at Pitt, Cincy, or wherever.

And lose out on a chance to play Adrian, Coppin State or Radford?????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

What did the Zips in is they only have 1 OOC top 100 win (Marshall 74 RPI/ 99 Kenpom) and 0 top 50 wins. Akron needs to schedule better OOC if it ever hopes to get an at-large even if it means sacrificing a home game to collect a check to play at Pitt, Cincy, or wherever.

We played two top ten teams OOC. Be careful what you wish for.

9 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

We played two top ten teams OOC. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not asking for a 3rd top 10 game. We played 2 top 10 teams then played nobody else in the top 100. I'd more so be looking for some team that I'd expect to finish in the 25-50 range. It's why I mentioned Cincy and Pitt specifically. It's been a while since I can remember either being a top 10 team, but each are normally very solid teams.

4 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

It appears the selection committee is looking for a new metric to help standardize the process.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18468008/ncaa-tournament-officials-meet-analytics-experts-consider-creating-new-metric

Great.  But my first thought would be.....

Why is the NCAA considering ways to make College Basketball selections more objective while they have moved College Football to more subjective criteria.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

Great.  But my first thought would be.....

Why is the NCAA considering ways to make College Basketball selections more objective while they have moved College Football to more subjective criteria.  

I don't see the selection committee going away in basketball. At the end they will still be the ones making the picks. It's just been a pretty known fact for years that RPI is outdated and is a pretty terrible metric. They are just looking for a new formula to be the go to like RPI once was.

17 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I don't see the selection committee going away in basketball. At the end they will still be the ones making the picks. It's just been a pretty known fact for years that RPI is outdated and is a pretty terrible metric. They are just looking for a new formula to be the go to like RPI once was.

One that will likely screw-over the Mid-Majors as much as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Its not like Mid-Majors are getting at-large bids under the current format.

Edit: But yes, I'm sure Ohio's AD, 1 of the 2 guys spearheading this, is looking to screw over all mid-majors. :rolleyes:

I don't care who's "spearheading" the movement to a incorporate a new metric.  The part you're likely being naive about is that, in the end, do you really expect it to be less favorable to the "Power Conference" schools?  You're forgetting what will drive all of the decisions in the end.  As our next President says...Follow The Money.  

16 hours ago, bigzipguy said:

Have to disagree with going against Duke in Salt Lake. Rather be in Buffalo or Milwaukee playing someone else.

Agree. Flying out to Salt Lake and playing an opponent like Duke, who who will drive up ticket prices, would cost me more than what I'd be willing to spend. Give me Xavier or Saint Mary's in Buffalo and that would be a game well within my budget.

• Like 1