2. 2. Big Dog's Points

• Over season average of 16
    • On or under season average of 16
  3. 3. Zips three pointers

• Over season average of 11
    • On or under season average of 11

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, K92 said:

I agree Miami did a great job on BD.  Hopefully the rest of the MAC wasn't scouting this game.

Who cares if they are? There are ways to spread out the offense and rotate the ball to move the defense to get BD away from the double teams. We just have to adjust our offense, which we haven't done. 

24 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Who cares if they are? There are ways to spread out the offense and rotate the ball to move the defense to get BD away from the double teams. We just have to adjust our offense, which we haven't done. 

Any well-organized MAC team was scouting this game and all the others.  It doesn't really matter.

I'm just glad it was a bad team that made the defensive adjustments to our offense first, because we were still able to beat them This gives the coaches time to counter with adjustments of their own before the big games. Maybe not enough time to add new offensive wrinkles before we play OU, but definitely time enough to re-evaluate the bench rotation, which is just as important.

4 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

What I'm interested to see is if more teams begin to front Big Dog in an attempt to deny him an entry pass. Got to give it to Miami. They found a way of limiting Big Dog.

It's tough to do what Miami did.  They moved pretty well defensively.  So, even when they fronted him....which requires even more backside help every single time time you do it....they were still able to move well enough to cover the rest of the floor.    When you play behind him, at least you always have his path to the basket sealed off.  I applaud them for taking the tougher route and succeeding.   

Keith seemed to indicate in the postgame that he thought we were tired.  If the Dog is confronted with that same situation again, maybe he'd have more energy to battle through it.   

I'll guess that most teams will feel more comfortable playing behind him and chipping down with a guard, rather than sacrificing the other post defender to help when he catches an entry pass over the top when being fronted.  

Edited by skip-zip

6 hours ago, NWAkron said:

It is a shame to see Campbell injured.  OU's loss and his injury (if it's as serious as it looks) ... 4-0 start in the MAC while Canada and Kent are imploding.  Feels great.  We are the premiere team in this conference.

I like how you spelled it, p-r-e-m-i-e-r-e, which is the Canadian spelling! ;)

20 hours ago, MDZip said:

Out of 31 entries only two people got all three right - congrats to zippy5 and ziptrumpet87. I think most of us assumed if we were under in one category we'd be over in the other. zippy5 and ziptrumpet87 were the only ones to guess Big Dog's points would be under (8), as would the 3 pointers (10) and we'd still win.

I have to confess to cheating... the poll was still open at the end of the game :ninja:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 6:20 PM, MDZip said:

Out of 31 entries only two people got all three right - congrats to zippy5 and ziptrumpet87. I think most of us assumed if we were under in one category we'd be over in the other. zippy5 and ziptrumpet87 were the only ones to guess Big Dog's points would be under (8), as would the 3 pointers (10) and we'd still win.

Nice job guys (zippy5 ziptrumpet87). :bow:

I'm glad Miami did a decent job on BD (and they still won). Now the staff has something worth while to practice (and game plan) before the games start to mean more.