EMU @ Zips (Friday 6:30 pm on CBS)

Dr Z

So, what is meant by bobblehead "grab bag"? Do you reach into a bag and pull out a bobblehead at random? Do they hand you one as you enter, and you get what they give you? Do you stand in a long line and say I want a LeBron James from the LeBron, Coach Dambrot set...they say they're out...you ask for a Lebron James from the Lebron, Romeo, Dru set. They say they're out. You move on to the next one you might want, say Charlie Frye and so on and so forth til you get one or give up. Meanwhile, significant time has passed and you and others miss tip off. Or something else?

Just curious. I imagine instructions will follow on GoZips.com.

Edited by Zip_ME87

1 minute ago, The Hip Zip said:

Eastern has as much individual talent as anybody in the MAC. Probably our biggest threat in Cleveland, we need to send a message Friday. Thompson vs Big Dog in the paint. Can't wait to see this one.

Agreed.  This is a statement game.  EMU's gonna be coming for blood.  If we can handle EMU convincingly we should have tremendous swag for every game remaining on our schedule.

I'm worried about Noah & Josh not matching up well w/ EMU's athletic guards.

Any word on Big Mike's back?  He's losing valuable development PT & by this point he's gonna be out of shape once KD does put him in the game.  We're gonna need Big Mike to give us quality minutes to win the 3-games-in-3-days in Cleveland.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Any word on Big Mike's back?  He's losing valuable development PT & by this point he's gonna be out of shape once KD does put him in the game.  We're gonna need Big Mike to give us quality minutes to win the 3-games-in-3-days in Cleveland.

In the Tuesday pregame interview KD said Mike was still "a couple weeks away". Which obviously isn't good news.

Between praying for world peace, a cure for cancer and Big Dog/Kwan staying healthy I don't know which comes first? All are highly important.

• Like 2

See this as an epic test and a match up I mentally noted since last year's come from behind win at the Q.   Hoping the Zips maturity will shine and they can keep their cool.  After our escapes from them at the Q over the years, they have got to be supremely motivated to end our streak.  

Edited by NWAkron

It's interesting that the week we tie (and hopefully break) the JAR Arena home win streak record will be against our two biggest contenders for the top team in the league.  At least that's how I view OU and EMU.

One down....one to go.  

I'm not fearful of a letdown this week.  I really think that EMU is very good.  And I think OU with Campbell will obviously be able to challenge us much more than they did on Tuesday.  

But even if we get past this, don't even forget how we ended the previous home win streak.  We got beat in the JAR in 2008 by a really bad NIU team that was 3-12 in conference play that year.  

4 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Game is on CBS Sports Network. DirecTV 221 (HD/SD)

Unless there is a bobblehead that I am not aware of, the only one I need is Yedlin, so that's what I am hoping to score Friday night.  Yes, I already have Tress.

jim_tressel_akron_bobblehead__67272.1433

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I just know I'm going to get another Proenza bobblehead.  :puke:

Email says the options are only the ones depicted.  

So I would like to point out, again sadly, the lack of effort being put on by athletics.  Good giveaway...poorly executed.  Conflicting things sent out, no directions...why is this giveaway gonna make people want to go to a game?

2 minutes ago, Balsy said:

So I would like to point out, again sadly, the lack of effort being put on by athletics.  Good giveaway...poorly executed.  Conflicting things sent out, no directions...why is this giveaway gonna make people want to go to a game?

What is conflicting? I bet a Lebron James or even DeAndre Yedlin bobblehead will make people go who otherwise wouldn't.

Edited by LZIp

Just now, LZIp said:

What is conflicting? I bet a Lebron James bobblehead will make people go who otherwise wouldn't.

I agree a LeBron James Bobblehead would make some people go.  But it's not like you go and you get a LeBron James Bobblehead, you go and get a 1/5 chance of maybe getting one if there is any left.

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

What is conflicting? I bet a Lebron James or even DeAndre Yedlin bobblehead will make people go who otherwise wouldn't.

Romeo Travis is my second choice, if I'm given a choice.  My Romeo box is a little rough because the night that I received it I kicked it down the bleacher steps when I jumped up quickly to celebrate an exciting basket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

I don't see what's wrong with the promotion. First off, it doesn't cost anything because these are left over from previous giveaways. Second off, they're giving fans multiple options to get whichever one they prefer.

1 hour ago, AyYo said:

I don't see what's wrong with the promotion. First off, it doesn't cost anything because these are left over from previous giveaways. Second off, they're giving fans multiple options to get whichever one they prefer.

I didn't say there was something wrong with the promotion...hence the reason I said "Good Giveaway".  I don't think it's being executed very well TBH.  

Love the idea, little more effort would be nice.

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

I didn't say there was something wrong with the promotion...hence the reason I said "Good Giveaway".  I don't think it's being executed very well TBH.  

Love the idea, little more effort would be nice.

Let me guess.  There will only be 2 people there while hundreds are entering the gates.  They won't know which bobbleheads are in which boxes.

I'll make sure I account for at least a 10 minute delay getting to my seats.  

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Let me guess.  There will only be 2 people there while hundreds are entering the gates.  They won't know which bobbleheads are in which boxes.

I'll make sure I account for at least a 10 minute delay getting to my seats.  

You're good at complaining about things that haven't happened yet

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zippy5 said:

You're good at complaining about things that haven't happened yet

Maybe I have several decades of history to make such a prediction?  Including what happened on Tuesday?  Better yet, maybe someone sees this and realizes that providing more help would make the fans happier?

Yes, I wasn't happy that I missed the most exciting part of the game last week (the scoring run to start the 2nd half) while watching people scramble through lists of season ticket holders to hand out mugs.  

Don't heed my advisory.  I don't care.   Enjoy the game. :wave:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Maybe I have several decades of history to make such a prediction?  Including what happened on Tuesday?  Better yet, maybe someone sees this and realizes that providing more help would make the fans happier?

Yes, I wasn't happy that I missed the most exciting part of the game last week (the scoring run to start the 2nd half) while watching people scramble through lists of season ticket holders to hand out mugs.  

Don't heed my advisory.  I don't care.   Enjoy the game. :wave:

Yeah, TBH I don't know why they waited until half-time to hand them out. Why couldn't we just pick them up before the start of the game to beat the rush? We're season ticket holders. Not like we will take it then turn around and walk out the door.

• Like 1