EMU @ Zips (Friday 6:30 pm on CBS)

Dr Z

39 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Yeah, TBH I don't know why they waited until half-time to hand them out. Why couldn't we just pick them up before the start of the game to beat the rush? We're season ticket holders. Not like we will take it then turn around and walk out the door.

With as frustrating as portions of that first half were, it's probably good that I did not have a large piece of glass in my hand.

• Like 1

Not trying to jump ahead here, but has anyone else pondered this....

We could beat the OTHER best two teams in the East and West divisions within a few days.  And another AP Poll comes out on Monday after two potential big victories.  

With a few losses around the country, how close can we get, or can we get into the Top 25 by Monday?

5 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Not trying to jump ahead here, but has anyone else pondered this....

We could beat the OTHER best two teams in the East and West divisions within a few days.  And another AP Poll comes out on Monday after two potential big victories.  

With a few losses around the country, how close can we get, or can we get into the Top 25 by Monday?

Slow down there.

• Like 1

Yeah, the 1 vote we did get was from a local AP guy (Cleveland). We are a far ways off from getting enough people to buy in for us to be ranked. Win another ~5 games while ACC, Big 10, and other power conference teams continue to beat up on one another and then we should be in the discussion.

20 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I think if we beat EMU, we pick up a few votes. Not because we beat EMU, but because we would be 16-3 with 9 straight wins. We probably would have to go 2 more weeks without a loss to get in the top 25.

Two weeks? Try running the table through the end of February and then we might be on the cusp. We have ZERO signature wins.

47 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

I think if we beat EMU, we pick up a few votes.

We probably would have to go 2 more weeks without a loss to get in the top 25.

That seems to be the most logical response so far, to me.  

I was just wondering what everyone else was thinking.  Keep in mind that regardless of the fact that we only have one vote right now, there's only 7 schools between us and #25.  A few losses here and there over last week and this weekend could certainly move us much closer.    

I was also wondering if anyone remembers the particulars of our big winning streak back in 2013.  At what point did we really start to pick up votes?  And didn't we eventually get up near twenty or so?

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

The mass exodus of people I saw leaving the JAR with 3-4 bobbleheads when I was walking in was pretty incredible.

Thats the unfortunate part about the giveaways. Give them away pregame and people grab and leave. Give them away at halftime and people bitch about crowds, etc. Atleast the U got some revenue assuming most of them weren't students.

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

I was just wondering what everyone else was thinking.  Keep in mind that regardless of the fact that we only have one vote right now, there's only 7 schools between us and #25.  A few losses here and there over last week and this weekend could certainly move us much closer.    

We have 1 vote and there's 10 teams in front of us, not 7. You're probably forgetting Minnesota, Kansas St, and USC who are listed as dropped from rankings, but still have more than one vote.