Zips Quiz Akron at WMU

MDZip

Akron at WMU  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

2. 2. Zips leading 3 pt scorer (by number made)

• Kwan
    • Antino
    • Josh
    • Noah
    • Jimond
    • other (includes no three pointers made)
  3. 3. Zips average 78 points per game, WMU 74

• On or over 152 total points
    • Under 152 total points

This poll is closed to new votes

KD went to the bench early and is using a lot of players.  Probably our best shooting half, especially  from the 3 line.  However, there is no way we can continue at that clip.  A couple of the 3 balls toward the end of the half were rushed.  We still do a bad job keeping their guards from penetrating.  I am glad that Josh made some 3 balls but he needs to keep his man in front of him.  One time on a pick he did not stay with his man and he got an easy put back.  We still need to play D no matter how well we shoot the ball.  Most of our baskets have been from the outside.  Would like to see more inside scoring. One thing that is unusual tonight, inbound plays that work and lead to layups.  Where have they been all year?  I still think this game will get close.  I hope I am wrong.   

15 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Soooo... is Big Mike still eligible for a medical redshirt?

I think we are in "win now" mode with Kwan and Big Dog as seniors.  I expect us to give Mike another week or two off and then get him to where he is giving us 5-10 minutes a night.  We are going to need him when Big Dog and/or Kwan get in foul trouble against better teams in the MAC.

• Like 2

Same happened to us last game. We had our offense running in the 1st half then kind of come out in the 2nd and focus on burning the clock. I never understood why you don't keep the foot on the accelerator when the offense is flowing. Same bothers me in football when teams go to prevent defense and it lets the other team back into the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Same happened to us last game. We had our offense running in the 1st half then kind of come out in the 2nd and focus on burning the clock. I never understood why you don't keep the foot on the accelerator when the offense is flowing. Same bothers me in football when teams go to prevent defense and it lets the other team back into the game.

I can understand that philosophy, somewhat, when you are the less talented team. But this team needs to put their foots on people's necks at some point. It's something they haven't done all season long. What looked like was finally going to be the game they put everything together, turns into another meh win. Oh well, 7-0 is 7-0. 

• Like 1