Zips Quiz Akron at WMU

MDZip

Akron at WMU  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

2. 2. Zips leading 3 pt scorer (by number made)

• Kwan
    • Antino
    • Josh
    • Noah
    • Jimond
    • other (includes no three pointers made)
  3. 3. Zips average 78 points per game, WMU 74

• On or over 152 total points
    • Under 152 total points

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, wadszip said:

I can understand that philosophy, somewhat, when you are the less talented team. But this team needs to put their foots on people's necks at some point. It's something they haven't done all season long. What looked like was finally going to be the game they put everything together, turns into another meh win. Oh well, 7-0 is 7-0. 

They put everything together. And then relaxed, because they could and were up by 25. Game was never in any doubt

• Like 1

7 winners this week. Congrats to clarkgriswold, zippyfan34, 72Roo, Hilltopper, roopride, ZipZap and Zip JD. Congrats most to the Zips on a nice win, way over on the over and Josh and Kwan tied with three threes apiece.

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, wadszip said:

I can understand that philosophy, somewhat, when you are the less talented team. But this team needs to put their foots on people's necks at some point. It's something they haven't done all season long. What looked like was finally going to be the game they put everything together, turns into another meh win. Oh well, 7-0 is 7-0. 

Yeah, I'm not going to complain getting the "W" on the road. People asked what it will take for Akron to gain steam in AP voting? Akron not only needs to win, but they need to win in convincing fashion. Voters weren't watching this game to see Akron was up 23 before taking their foot off the gas pedal and coasting to victory. They see a box score that says Akron won by 10 points on the road against a not very good WMU team.

Edited by kreed5120

58 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Soooo... is Big Mike still eligible for a medical redshirt?

Hughes looked like he was in the lineup for layup drills when they came out of halftime.  If that's the case, it would seem that he's close to playing again.  

I don't like the way we rebounded tonight, and I think we let them score 46 points in the 2nd half? But, Western is big on the perimeter and very tough to defend with our personnel.  Luckily, their lack of quickness defensively to cover the floor with those kinds of players is their downfall.    

All MAC road wins are nice.  Keep the train rolling !!

Edited by skip-zip

We got hot from the 3 line in the first half and there was little chance that would continue so I expected them to come back in the second half once.  Kwan had a great game with a double double.  I do like to see him fading away when he shoots but he was making the shot.  I loved watching Antino take his man to the hoop and scoring or getting fouled.  We need guys to drive to the basket.  Noah also had a couple of nice drives to the basket.  Josh hit three threes but that is the extent of his game as all of his shots were from beyond the arc.  Good to see him hitting some shots.   Any win on the road is great so this was a great win.  Go Zips!

25 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Speaking about how hard it is to win on the road, No 1 ranked Nova just lost to unranked Marquette.

In fairness, the gap between Villanova and Marquette is a lot smaller than Akron and Western Michigan. But yeah, you can never complain about any road win, but I think you can pick a part some flaws.

Edit: That Marquette-Nova game was at Marquette, btw. However, Marquette did just beat Creighton on the road Saturday.

Edited by wadszip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

7 winners this week. Congrats to clarkgriswold, zippyfan34, 72Roo, Hilltopper, roopride, ZipZap and Zip JD. Congrats most to the Zips on a nice win, way over on the over and Josh and Kwan tied with three threes apiece.

I want to thank all the little people who helped me win this prestigious award. I also want to thank my parents and friends who supported me thru the lean years until my genius was recognized. Most of all I want to thank the Zip BBallers who are making us all ready to follow them anywhere. Win baby win. It's great to be a Zip!

8 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Huh?

"In the end, WMU never gave up, and never surrendered, but Akron pulled out the win. The final score was probably not as close as the actual game, but it wasn’t close enough in regards to heart, either."

I'm not sure I could disagree with that any more than I do.  We were walking through the park last night.  Did any of our players even actually break a sweat?