Out of Conference Schedule Complete for 2017

94zipgrad

I'm not too concerned with what FCS opponent we schedule. It's not going to make or break our schedule. Hopefully we run up the score big in the 1st 3 quarters so that our backup QB, whoever that is, can get some real game reps. Troy and Iowa State should both be challenging yet winnable games.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Wonder if KD helped TB with scheduling :lol:

That might be how it happened.  No joke.  We probably know their people pretty well after playing them in basketball 10 times, and we were looking for a date to fill, and there you go.  

I think this will be the first time ever that I will do what I have wanted to do for a long time.  I am going to show up for kickoff, watch us go up about 14-0, and then spend the rest of the day in the parking lot having some fun.  

12 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Ball State fan reporting we are on their schedule.

Ball State:

Home: UAB, Tennessee Tech, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Miami, Toledo
Away: Illinois, Western Kentucky, Akron, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan

I would like to point out this prediction, assuming this is correct.  :D

• Like 2

Dates haven't been announced but other teams have announced home & away opponents & im not positive but I think I games are the same, no dates announced yet

home games

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Iowa State

Buffalo

Ohio

Kent State

Ball State

away games

penn state

troy

toledo

bowling green

miami

Western michigan

9 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Dates haven't been announced but other teams have announced home & away opponents & im not positive but I think I games are the same, no dates announced yet

home games

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Iowa State

Buffalo

Ohio

Kent State

Ball State

away games

penn state

troy

toledo

bowling green

miami

Western michigan

11/12.  Darn Toledo/CMU with not having a return trip to CMU...I knew that'd be the one I'd get wrong.

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

I really like our home game schedule, except for Ball State (meh) but I am glad we are at home for that one because Ball is improving and they are going to go hunting for us like we do Ohio and BGSU. 

Ball State excites me as much as :zzz:.  (Miami does the same.  I used to hate Miami but anymore they just make me :zzz:)

But the rest of the home slate is great.  With ISU, Ohio, Kant & Buffalo, all at home, attendance should be pretty decent (I know, I know... define "decent,").

And I mentioned this before, but Toledo should be on the schedule every year; natural geographic/demographic rivalry there.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

No way to know one way or the other, but I wonder...

A-PB is lame to the degree that, I wonder if UA was working to get YSU to just bite the bullet & come play us w/o expecting a return trip and YSU refused, making UA a little desperate to simply get the date filled?

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

No way to know one way or the other, but I wonder...

A-PB is lame to the degree that, I wonder if UA was working to get YSU to just bite the bullet & come play us w/o expecting a return trip and YSU refused, making UA a little desperate to simply get the date filled?

They might have been also trying to leave it open for future negotiations too?  2019 is devoid of away games, so either we end up with THREE home games that year, or we try to schedule another high mid-major or low major team as an away game that year with a 1-2 arrangement or that sort of deal and no-one was taking it.  2018 should be hard too because we already have TWO away games.  Assume we have an FCS team, we are going to have to kick a return visit for anyone down the road.