upcoming games

infofan

I just noticed that the Ball state game on Feb 7 is scheduled for 6pm.  Im not sure if everyone was aware of that early start but i wasnt until now.  I also noticed that for some reason GOZIPS shows almost all game start times in february are TBA, yet when you go to the opponents website it shows a scheduled start time.  Why cant our website update these?  I know there are the 14 day wildcard broadcast changes sometimes but they still have a tentative scheduled start until it is changed.

For anyone interested, the Ohio U game (Feb 4) and Eastern Michigan game (Feb 11) are both scheduled for 12noon.  The Bowling Green game on Feb 21 is a 9pm tip off.  

Looked at the MAC site and the Ball State game is listed as being aired on ASN, so probably why the early start. On a Tuesday, that will kill attendance.

Anybody hear anything on the Buffalo game? On the MAC site, it's still showing Saturday, but it's the only game with a TBA time. I'm guessing it's going to be moved to Friday for TV, which would hardly be a shock. The Zips have played just two Saturday league home games since the start of last year (Miami, BG, both last year).

7 hours ago, wadszip said:

Looked at the MAC site and the Ball State game is listed as being aired on ASN, so probably why the early start. On a Tuesday, that will kill attendance.

Anybody hear anything on the Buffalo game? On the MAC site, it's still showing Saturday, but it's the only game with a TBA time. I'm guessing it's going to be moved to Friday for TV, which would hardly be a shock. The Zips have played just two Saturday league home games since the start of last year (Miami, BG, both last year).

They have been advertising a Saturday double header pretty heavily. WBB game at 5, MBB at 7:30. I doubt they will change it this late.

10 hours ago, UAZippers said:

They have been advertising a Saturday double header pretty heavily. WBB game at 5, MBB at 7:30. I doubt they will change it this late.

Since it's part of a double-header must be why it is (was) showing TBA. I thought there was always one Friday game for TV, but still looks like every game is set for Saturday this week.

10 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I don't think they can change the date of the game on 4 days notice.

edit: for selfish reasons I hope the Kent game gets moved to Friday as I'll be out of town that Saturday

It seems like every Kent game ends up on Friday night, so probably a good chance of that.

1 hour ago, wadszip said:

Since it's part of a double-header must be why it is (was) showing TBA. I thought there was always one Friday game for TV, but still looks like every game is set for Saturday this week.

It seems like every Kent game ends up on Friday night, so probably a good chance of that.

I saw CBSN picked up the Akron-Ohio game. The gametime got moved from whatever time it was suppose to be to noon, but it is still on a Saturday. I kind of thought that was odd as when one of our  home games gets picked up, it always gets moved to Friday.

Edited by kreed5120