Selection Committee Show

zippy5

53 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I like the concept, but hate the fact they only list the top 16 (Top 25%). It would be like the CFP committee hosting a show and only telling us 1 of the 4 teams in. They could at least give us a top 40-50 so that we could see what teams are in the bubble discussion.

Read the whole article

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I think this will massively backfire if their goal is more ad revenue. People are going to find out who is in, and find out the brackets when they print them off later in the evening. 

Exactly.  This isn't 1973.  No-one cares about watching a two-hour "selection show".  We're already over saturated with this crap.

You might be underestimating the number of people who Gamble in this country, and want to soak up every opportunity to gather as much expert analysis of the games and the brackets as possible.  

I don't know.  March Madness is one of the most popular sporting spectacles of the year in this country.  You might be giving Americans too much credit if you think they won't glue themselves to a TV screen for 2 hours for something that is now such a big part of our sports culture.  

On 3/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, NWAkron said:

Thanks for posting this. 

The NIT is a joke.  Under the current system the MAC is a one bid conference to the NCAA and now a potential no bid conference for the NIT.  The Rockets got screwed.  It will be interesting to see if the MAC issues a statement but I don't have much faith in that happening.