Signing Day 2017

Dr Z

First 2 out of three to officially sign are QBs. Depth addressed. Follow along @ZipsFB on Twitter.

I'll continue to add images to this post as they officially sign.  

2017signingday.jpg

Twitter: @CornerReggie @zairefinnesed @mightyy_jay @Suggs_33 @BeastMode330 @D_Brim2  @alexramart @gohardburkhart @Mightyy_Jay @nick5johns  @e_bent56 @hcorne58 @dc_lubin4 @K_Booker_36 @BridgesMarquise @Sampson16J

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

Up to 11 signees. 6 local.

If it is only 7, that means one of Sampson or Bridges are not coming. We haven't received Callaway's or Booker's either. I'm not too big on the 2 lineman (from Springfield and Garfield?), so I would not be bummed if they are not coming/on scholly/whatever.

Edited by LZIp

17 minutes ago, LZIp said:

If it is only 7, that means one of Sampson or Bridges are not coming. We haven't received Callaway's or Booker's either. I'm not too big on the 2 lineman (from Springfield and Garfield?), so I would not be bummed if they are not coming/on scholly/whatever.

I believe they are all coming, but if they don't qualify I don't believe you will see signed release, they will have to do a year of school to become eligible 

34 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

I'm really going to be disappointed if we don't get Booker, Bridges and Sampson.

I believe we have them, they may not qualify, i don't want to say a kids name not being absolutely sure but I have heard a few of them fall into that circumstance but just think, the St V guys are in come to your conclusion on the other, the East guys are in, same on one not in, the school does a signing & makes a big deal out of it & fax the NLOI in

10 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I believe we have them, they may not qualify, i don't want to say a kids name not being absolutely sure but I have heard a few of them fall into that circumstance but just think, the St V guys are in come to your conclusion on the other, the East guys are in, same on one not in, the school does a signing & makes a big deal out of it & fax the NLOI in

what the heck are you trying to say here

13 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

what the heck are you trying to say here

Not sure I can help you if it needs explained, I'm not 100% sure on who is a non qualifier & I don't want to use the kids names without being sure but all St V kids in but one, they do them all at the same time so my guess he is a non qualifier, same from East & Kobie is in now & there is 2 other kid from Akron public I have heard are non qualifier, so if you have seen everyone guessing what is going on I've been trying to help without throwing the kids name out, I'm starting to confuse myself, sorry just trying to be respectful but I have heard of 4 not qualifying

again, from rumors or people in community just talking so not 100% sure & I can be wrong

Edited by 94zipgrad

23 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Not sure I can help you if it needs explained, I'm not 100% sure on who is a non qualifier & I don't want to use the kids names without being sure but all St V kids in but one, they do them all at the same time so my guess he is a non qualifier, same from East & Kobie is in now & there is 2 other kid from Akron public I have heard are non qualifier, so if you have seen everyone guessing what is going on I've been trying to help without throwing the kids name out, I'm starting to confuse myself, sorry just trying to be respectful but I have heard of 4 not qualifying

again, from rumors or people in community just talking so not 100% sure & I can be wrong

Thanks for the info. To @zippy5's point, the earlier post was very hard to decipher. I think we all know now who the 4 are now. Kind of disappointing to me to be honest. Maybe explains why one or two were so lightly recruited. I would prefer to take on better talents if they aren't even going to qualify, but hopefully it works out for us. I think my count is 5 local guys who we haven't heard anything of, but they have been committed for a while so who knows if that changed.

Edited by LZIp

3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

...and as I post that it looks like Bridges is in! I think we all know who the 4 are now. I also count 8 local guys unless GT wasn't counting Corner as local.

Good for him, again I just have heard things from people in community & I just didn't want to smear a name & info I had is wrong anyway, sometimes it is just an ACT & maybe he got it recently, who knows, glad to have him, want them all & hope they succeed & because of local talent people go watch them play

9 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Thanks for the info. To @zippy5's point, the earlier post was very hard to decipher. I think we all know now who the 4 are now. Kind of disappointing to me to be honest. Maybe explains why one or two were so lightly recruited. I would prefer to take on better talents if they aren't even going to qualify, but hopefully it works out for us. I think my count is 5 local guys who we haven't heard anything of, but they have been committed for a while so who knows if that changed.

I would note that Jerome Lane was a non-qualifier. And, Bowden's track record of keeping at-risk players (I'll define at-risk as either being transfers who had brushes with the law, or sub-par grades) is pretty good. I'll hopefully have some details later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I would note that Jerome Lane was a non-qualifier. And, Bowden's track record of keeping at-risk players (I'll define at-risk as either being transfers who had brushes with the law, or sub-par grades) is pretty good. I'll hopefully have some details later.

Right. But Jerome was a higher rated player than anyone we currently have in this class. Someone like that is worth the risk IMO. Looking forward to watching the presser and hearing your questions being answered. I'm sure you will have some good ones.

Edited by LZIp