Signing Day 2017

Dr Z

Here is everyone that Hustlebelt thinks that Akron signed, but have not yet been announced by the Zips:

Jerome Cooper
Malik Townsend
Matthew Hanson
Marcus Kidd
Marquise Callaway
Marquise Bridges
Tracy Jordan
Justin Sampson
Mitch Cooper
Jonah Weiland
Bubba Arslanian

Some of these are known to be walkons, but there still might be a couple more announcements today.

Always like what I hear from coach.  It does seem that there will be less ephasis on transfers coming in, transfers at least that have only one year of eligibility.

After listening to the press conference it is my honest opinion that the QB competition is between Kato and Johns.  And I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nick Johns is the favorite to be our starter for 2017.  That's not a dig on Woodson, but coach said he won't be back to practice until June, giving Johns and Kato an opportune moment to grab the position and run with it.  We know what TW is and I hope he gets better soon and the Surgery goes well so he can compete for the mix.  It'll be interesting to see two QBs we really haven't seen in the spring game.

Good questions from someone about the TE.  Coach did mention that it's a position they need to look to utilize more, especially since they added Kobie Booker.  Little bit of info I did not know is that there were significant injuries at that position as well.  The injury bug really hit us last year :/